Discussion Thread November 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

@Star-child .... You Are Cordially Invited to Attend Timothy Sinclair's Ninth Birthday Picnic .... Star writes a story that made me swallow and say "

@scarpelius .... A timekeeper agent must choose the lesser evil .... Scarp tells a tale of where wrong is right, or is it where right is wrong?

Yeah! You are right on the second --- I did accidently highlight and delete. --- Parson pauses to see if he can come up with what he said.

Two minutes later: say "I didn't see that coming!"

Operative Shuffle093 advises the Agency to begin training at an early age.

Operative RJM Corbet reminds the Agency that some beliefs are stronger than politics.

Operative Star-child warns the Agency of the possibility of collateral damage.

Operative scarpelius instructs the Agency in making difficult decisions.

Operative Tywin teaches the Agency how to mix business with pleasure.

Well, I couldn't think of anything that interested me. I came up with two story ideas, but both were really dulldulldull and I got no pleasure from them. While my stories never exactly set the world on fire, I do really enjoy coming up with a story that I actually like for this competition. I just felt flat and disappointed. Then... at last! no world-beater, but I like it... "good enough" for my personal criteria... should post in a day or two.

Thanks as always for the reviews, Parson and Victoria.

Inspiration on this one was a party last month where a somewhat older lady used that opening line on me... I was somewhat less suave ("Oh... Thanks... So, uh, now where did my wife run off to?"), but then again my nation hadn't called on me to infiltrate her household (or other things).

@Vince W .... Birthdays Are Torture .... Vince tells a tale of a birthday that is absolutely unforgettable.

@M. Robert Gibson .... Fleming's Finest Fictional Fellow Falls Foul of Fiendish Foes .... Robert brings us a day in the life of Bond, James Bond, in which he falls foul of fiendish foes.

@Elckerlyc .... On Her Majesty’s Sleeping Service (Act 1) .... Elck reveals the name of the most secret agent in OO branch. (pun intended)

@Hugh .... A Wish Fulfilled .... Hugh writes us a tale of wet work, wish fulfillment, and watching with positive voyeuristic joy.

Back