Discussion Thread November 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Unbirthday Party: A Solve-It-Yourself Mystery .... Victoria has sent us an invitation in code and a very clever story!
*Parson hasn't begun to figure out the mystery

@reiver33 .... By Any Other Name .... Reiver reminds us that in the land of espionage even nice gestures become the subverted to a horrible end.

@MoominAhoy .... Looking Sharp .... MooMin tells a tale of the down side of intelligence work and then slays with the ending.
Welcome to the 75 Word Challenge. Very nice first entry.

@olive .... Birthday Gift for the Dead .... Olive lets the hammer drop on another corrupted spy.

Give me back my eleven days!
What a spoiler!

I've puzzled at it for two days and I had a Eureka moment of "hmmm, I wonder if there's ever been a longer February?"

No point looking it up now, it's got to be something to do with they did the changeover Gregorian calendar.
Ho hum.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not that sharp and I don't have that kind of patience. Can't you tell?! :) Praise Google!

waiting on a mod hyphen ruling. How dare they go to bed
They don't usually go to bed, most nights the black helicopters take them to Control Island.
Once there they have the regular indoctrination and political theory classes, the better to resist the cant of the running dogs of capitalism.

@Luiglin .... So, we meet again... Luiglin reminds us that it's always the dumb stuff that cancels an agent. He should have used his cat's birthday.

@D3athw4lker .... Make A Wish... .... D3 points out that not all birthday surprises have storm trooper marksmanship attached to them.

@Ian Fortytwo .... I won't be doing this again .... Ian helps us understand why we should never do something today that we can put off until tomorrow.

In case someone doesn't know of the problems last night and this morning please see Database rollback

Posts made yesterday should be back in place but if anyone was able to post overnight and earlier this morning, those posts may be missing. So if anyone posted a new story in the last 24 hours, best go and check that it is indeed there in the Challenge thread!

A quick reminder please double check your word count , use your fingers don't rely soley on word counter. We've had to pull an entry something we don't like doing.

Remember you have an hour from posting to edit, recheck before the hour is up.

I'm a little worried about the number of hyphenated words in my story--they all seem fairly common to me, and I wasn't even thinking that they were compound words as I wrote them, but there's three. Should I edit the story to remove any of them?

That is something you should PM one of the moderators about, MNS. The Judge is very active within the challenges, as is Harebrain.

As for myself, I really don't know about this month...I'm not exactly into the whole spy genre, I'm afraid, and have no experience with it, so I can't even begin to form an idea for something within it.

Back