what is the most annoying book you ever read?

In the spirit of most other posts, I'm going to through a favorite author under the bus for the sin of underwhelming: I didn't care for Fall. It fails in its vision of a digital afterlife and fails as a wrap for Shaftoe/Waterhouse saga.

Stinger - Robert R. McCammon: So many cliched jump scares in every scene of the book made this rather annoying, people would group together, investigate an anomaly then BAM! there is a zombie that attacks them and they run away, rinse, repeat for almost every scene in the book.

The Taking - Dean Koontz: Great book except for the ending, well nothing was resolved, no explanation given as to why the events happened nothing at all, it just ended and everyone was happy, except for the dead people, oh and lots of heads in jars that could talk I think.

Lisey's Story - Stephen King: As much as I love SK, this book was a meandering mess of nothing happening and sheets of blood and I think a parallel world, could be wrong but anyway, I tried my best to read it but I almost sacrificed it to the BBQ fire, but rather sold it to a secondhand bookshop.

Annoying? I could put a list in.

Anything by Shakespeare is a given for me. Then Catcher in the Rye, A Wrinkle in Time, and pretty much any volume of the Shannara series. What I really didn't like with Shannara was how gleefully Terry Brooks just removed and introduced new characters all over. :| Not as bad as Martin but damn...

I just read A Wrinkle in Time as I never had as a kid. What did you find annoying about it?

Probably Kafka's Amerika, or Gogol's Dead Souls. They taught me not to read unfinished novels. :)

Stephen Donaldson's The Last Dark. It was annoyingly bad when I wanted it to be good.

I am surprised nobody even mentioned the Bible. Elementary school gave each of us a copy as a present when we graduated. I did try to read it, but what an awful work of fiction. In the end it didn't even make for good toilet paper. (Hey, teenagers. ;)) The book only gets more annoying as I get older.