Discussion - October 75 Word Writing Challenge

Oh, I like this, well done, nixie! There will be some great stories written from these choices. I'm going to have to have a good, long think on this...yay! :)

After a bit of research, I came up with a 75-word thing. This one was sort of fun to write. lol.:giggle:

Written something. It's not a fable or even anything resembling a fable. It's a bit mythic (mythicish sounds like it should be a word) but based around a fictional myth in a fantasy world, rather than a myth currently in circulation in the real world. Do you good folk think that would hit the genre?

Regardless I will probably write something else anyway :unsure:

A myth from a fantasy world would hit the genre for me, and I'm fussier than most, Peter. But it would have to have the feel of a myth (or of a fable, if that was relevant) -- so, for me, an ordinary story set in a fantasy world wouldn't be enough on its own.

Quite where the boundary lies between a fantasy's myth and a fantasy story is another matter. I think it's the case of "I'll know it when I see it" which might not be of any help to you!

I've never tried to write in a world of mythology, I think, and I hope my execution of the genre passes muster.

That was fun to write, but tough, too. I hated using contractions in a myth, but 75 words was impossible for me without them. Sorry, again, to post first, but these stories just harass my mind until I can get rid of them by posting. Also: 300 worder to think about.

Hope everyone is doing well with their writing, CC

A myth from a fantasy world would hit the genre for me, and I'm fussier than most, Peter. But it would have to have the feel of a myth (or of a fable, if that was relevant) -- so, for me, an ordinary story set in a fantasy world wouldn't be enough on its own.

Quite where the boundary lies between a fantasy's myth and a fantasy story is another matter. I think it's the case of "I'll know it when I see it" which might not be of any help to you!

Thanks for your feedback TJ.

My current draft is a fantasy story. Shadow features but the myth element feels more like the theme than genre. Back to the drawing board.

Back