DISCUSSION -- OCTOBER 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#35)

My votes this month went to @elvet , @Peter V and @Abernovo.
Wow! A vote! I wasn't expecting that for what was a hastily cobbled together idea. Thank you, J.C. :)

I'm still reading through the entries, and will vote in the next few days (*notes there are another 11 days left*).

Oooft. A particularly hard challenge to not only whittle down a shortlist, but attempt to choose just three to vote for, hence why it's taken me a while to do so. Big congrats to all entrants for making it such a varied group of stories and a real joy to read them all.

Shortlist and votes:

@Daysman - Ghost Wrangler
@Rafellin - Child’s Play
@Elckerlyc – Obituary *VOTED*
@elvet – Shall We Dance
@Peter V – A Toy Story
@mosaix - … They Have Their Entrances and Their Exits ... *VOTED*
@Culhwch - All The Stage, My World
@LittleStar - Written and Performed by the Old Quarter Orphanage
@Ursa major - The Seven Stages of…*VOTED*

@Calliopenjo & @Ian Fortytwo thank you both for surprising me this morning with votes. You guys made my day shine bright.

Currently, I've been a bit busy, and I'm still trying to decide who gets my three votes. Hmm, tough choices. Lots of goodies.

Oooft. A particularly hard challenge to not only whittle down a shortlist, but attempt to choose just three to vote for, hence why it's taken me a while to do so. Big congrats to all entrants for making it such a varied group of stories and a real joy to read them all.

Shortlist and votes:

@Daysman - Ghost Wrangler
@Rafellin - Child’s Play
@Elckerlyc – Obituary *VOTED*
@elvet – Shall We Dance
@Peter V – A Toy Story
@mosaix - … They Have Their Entrances and Their Exits ... *VOTED*
@Culhwch - All The Stage, My World
@LittleStar - Written and Performed by the Old Quarter Orphanage
@Ursa major - The Seven Stages of…*VOTED*
Many thanks fir the vote, D3athw4lker

In case someone doesn't know of the problems last night and this morning please see Database rollback

Posts made yesterday should be back in place but if anyone was able to post overnight and earlier this morning, those posts may be missing.

I'm guessing that if posts are potentially affected, so are votes. So if you voted in the last 24 hours, best go and check that your vote has indeed been registered and is still there!

You guys are incredibly creative writers! I'm sorry I didn't have time to be more descriptive in my reviews:
@elvet for concealing a major plot point for half the story and for invoking relatable emotion, all in less than 300 words! Amazing work.
@Elckerlyc for taking such a unique approach. I love the idea of the theatre being sentient only to experience the feeling of desertion and death. This one stuck out to me as being exceptionally unique.
@Culhwch because of how impressed I was at your ability to create such vivid personalities and relatable characters while progressing the story in such a short word count.

There are a handful of others that I really enjoyed, but these are my three votes for this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration, and good luck in future writing challenges!

Doesn't matter, we've all been there. But you're learning fast I see. :D
Thanks again for the vote!

@kameron Welcome to the Chrons, and thank you so much for your vote and lovely comment!
I will have more time this weekend to spend rereading the stories in preparation for casting my own votes.

I can't remember a 300-worder where so many came so close to getting a vote.

However, getting a little fussier with my criteria gave a half-dozen of note:

Top o' the stack: elvet
Second: Phyrebrat
Third: Elckerlyc

Honorable mention: Culhwch

Plus a hearty "Iä!" of approval to Kharn and Starbeast for bringing the Mythos to the party.