DISCUSSION -- OCTOBER 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#35)

Ursa major

Bearly Believable
Staff member
Supporter
The latest 300-worder is up.

As always with the longer form, entries can be posted from the 10th of the month (in this case, October), but that does not mean that no-one can talk about the challenge until then.

And as ever, the image is only there to provide inspiration; your story does not have to reference it, even indirectly.

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
And I love this Challenge, too (the 75 worder is great this month)! Wonderful photo, Alex Harford. Often, when I look at the Challenge photo, a story just pops into my head, but this one will require some nice, long autumn walks, I can just tell. Looking forward to reading the stories, starting on the 10th! CC

AlexH

And I love this Challenge, too (the 75 worder is great this month)! Wonderful photo, Alex Harford. Often, when I look at the Challenge photo, a story just pops into my head, but this one will require some nice, long autumn walks, I can just tell. Looking forward to reading the stories, starting on the 10th! CC
Thanks, but @dannymcg's is the only opinion I care about... ;)

There seems to be a majority voting for the crummy Chinese water picture
(that was the other time a photo of mine was used) :love:

Calliopenjo

I have the rough draft of something. I'll tinker with it and see if I can at least get the misspellings taken care of. I promise the words do make sense.

Luiglin

by day Stuart Orford by night Dark Lord's scribe
Two words sprang to mind when I viewed the picture. Just a pity about the copyright.

Edit: copyright on the two words. Not the image :)

Last edited:

Abernovo

Supporter
To paraphrase the bard, all the multiverses are a stage. No copyright on those words, after 400 years. Great picture, Alex.

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
proscenium... Okay, I was in theater in high school, a little in college, and was even paid to play a part professionally (VERY NOMINAL!) and I had to look that word up. It is truly "posh."