Killjoys 5.10 Last Dance

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
grouphug.jpg

“It doesn’t matter how your story begins. It’s about who’s with you at the end.”

• Khlyen

I experienced a mixture of sadness and joy as I watched this series finale.

Of course, I’m always sad to watch the last minutes of an entertaining escapist show. This ending was a happy one, though, untainted by my more realistic expectations.

I honestly thought that at least one member of Team Awesome Force would die. Not only did the trio survive, but a supporting character was resurrected.

Hello and good-bye again, Pippin. I was wrong in theorizing that Fancy was being groomed as Zeph’s eleventh-hour new boyfriend.

Even Khlyen, the character I mentally voted “Most Likely to Die Again,” made it through alive. The only significant death here was The Lady -- in her tentacled native form. Not even her human puppet died. I wondered about the reason for preserving that commandeered body with The Lady’s haughty personality, if not her powers, intact. Her future cooperation seemed like a long shot.

Alanna Bale did an incredible job in the role. She deserves formal recognition for her twitchy facial expressions alone.

As the end drew near, it seemed inevitable that Johnny, Dutch and D’avin would break up and pursue their own dreams, except for that slight complication of the alien hatchling swarm The Lady had turned loose to wreak galactic chaos.

I don’t believe that Johnny’s “one more for the road” declaration at the end holds any real meaning for Team Awesome Force.

The finale did not disappoint with its customary words of wit and wisdom.

“Apocalypse hugs are the best.” - Johnny

“This how cold sores are spread” - Turin

“Is this a face-eating situation?” - Johnny to Zeph

“Being human doesn’t make you humane.” - Dutch to Khlyen

“Power never goes out of style.” - Delle Seyah to Aneela

“I’m getting Armageddon déjà vu.” - D’avin to Johnny

“I want you to stop making me feel small so you can feel big.” - Dutch to Khlyen

“I also plan to kill you a bunch.” - Dutch to The Lady

“Is your plan to embarrass us to death?” - Khlyen to The Lady

“I’m really not into murder foreplay.” - Dutch to The Lady

“I want 12 babies.” - Zeph, in Pip’s hallucination

“I feel like I’m inside a constipated robot.” - D’avin to Johnny while crawling through The Lady’s ship

“Dolls are for little girls, not little warriors.” - Khlyen to 10-year-old Dutch

“Could be snakes.” - Gared to Pree when Delle Seyah presents a closed ceremonial box

“Please don’t fight over me. It’s awkward. Also, I choose Johnny” - Lucy to Dutch and Johnny

“No one gets to be safe forever.” - Pip to Zeph

readytokickass.jpg

Movie sequels, anyone?

I’ll wait for this series to come out on DVD and powerdisc my way through the entire thing. Awesome series.

I'm sad to let the Killyos go, but at least we had a happy ending. It was quite a surprise to see again, Pippin. And after so many fights, Khlyen survives as human again. It added something good for the final.

Maybe I didn't hear well that part with the Lady left prisoner in the cube. Is she now human with no real power left ? How the hell that huge bug communicated through so many puppets ? Does this mean that the moment it was killed, the Lady lost her powers ? Alanna Bale did a great job, indeed.

So Johnny will go and look after Clara and the hack factory and he will keep Lucy.

I don't understand how after so many years and with no green left Aneela is still Hullen.

On the funny moments. Anyone noted how D'avin tood the beer from the kid's hands at the party ? :D

I hope they will put the series in a bundle for a reasonable price soon, as this is one I would like to add to my collection.

Maybe I didn't hear well that part with the Lady left prisoner in the cube. Is she now human with no real power left ? How the hell that huge bug communicated through so many puppets ? Does this mean that the moment it was killed, the Lady lost her powers ?
I think she is expected to reveal where she sent her hatchling-filled bombers. Until she does, she will have her new doll for a cube companion.
On the funny moments. Anyone noted how D'avin tood the beer from the kid's hands at the party?
I caught that. I also thought I saw the warden riding piggyback on a prisoner. I guess she and Johnny were not meant to be. :(
I hope they will put the series in a bundle for a reasonable price soon, as this is one I would like to add to my collection.
I've got the first two seasons. I'll have to look for the other three.