5.13: Fear The Walking Dead - Leave What You Don't

ctg

weaver of the unseen
oUcQNbW.jpg

Logan's motives are revealed; Sarah, Dwight, and Luciana negotiate for the sake of the mission; Strand and Alicia race to the aid of a new survivor in a familiar place; a dangerous threat emerges.

The last few episodes made me suspect this, and this one confirmed it: I just don't care about this show anymore.

Just as hope seemed to be winning Logan's emotional tug-of-war with despair, bang! I was shocked when he went down.
Looks like Fear has a new ruthless villain in town, Cowgirl Virginia. I don't know what she her posse want from the walker-powered refinery, as they seem to have done a fine job of adapting to equine power. Gas for the helicopter people?
Funny how everyone the Fear gang has encountered lately claims they have the big picture. I guess saving the world, one person at at time, is just too short-sighted.
Does refining crude oil really require heating the hell out of it?

So, Logan got disgruntled because he couldn't save anyone. He put his anger on PolarBear instead of accepting that there are days, when you can't save everyone. It is impossible thing to do, when the fact is everyone dies. In the Kirkman's world, those who can't live with the facts, perish.

I was surprised that kids had ended in the oilfield of all places. Nobody in there is concerned about the fact it's unhealthy place to live for anyone. Not talking about all the carcinogens you might get from such a place.

Also if Fear crew would have seen the Mad Max movies they would have known that nobody can hold the Gastown. Not even the crazy Australian. Logan turned it so that everyone dies, because nobody should survive the end times.

Maybe the biggest reveal in that was Sarah's quip, "I killed PolarBear for nothing..."

Oh, how things turn. She surely has a long road ahead to the redemption. They all do, except the original crew, which is getting smaller by day. Logan kept muttering that he has some higher calling, as if he'd been recruited by the helicopter people. Then again, maybe there was no need for them to do field staches. Another thing is those machines doesn't operate on normal gasoline.

I hated the fact Sarah went back for Logan, when there was no need. His life is not important, when all he is focusing upon is end of everything. He even advocated for the Marker 65 lady to take her life, instead of advising her to run, escape by any means possible.

Looks like Fear has a new ruthless villain in town, Cowgirl Virginia.

Another nomad gang. A proper one this time. Her introduction made me to like her, and her setup for the reservation. Will it all end in three episodes? I don't know.

The last few episodes made me suspect this, and this one confirmed it: I just don't care about this show anymore.

I get the gist. This season has been unnecessarily out of focus, with everything wrapped thigh in secrets.

Does refining crude oil really require heating the hell out of it?

Yes. You need heat to separate the products.

yimage9.gif

Ok, I seem to be in the minority but I really liked this episode.

Logan's death was a bit of a let down, felt sorry for him in the end. He started by trying to help, pity he allowed one set back turn him onto the wrong path.

The rabbi looks to be a good addition.

The girl in the truck stop looks to have deserted from Virginia 's group.

Virginia is supposedly doing what she does for the greater good, I'm not buying into that, more likely she is building her own empire. If she was looking at the bigger picture she would have made them leave the kids because without them there is no future.

Children for me are gold dust in Kirkman's world, they will adapt quicker than adults, they are a sign of hope that life will go on.

I liked the Walker roundabout, I hope the kids got to keep the rats.

Virginia is supposedly doing what she does for the greater good, I'm not buying into that, more likely she is building her own empire. If she was looking at the bigger picture she would have made them leave the kids because without them there is no future.

She strikes me as Gone-with-Wind type, maybe even a dash of Dallas and Dynasty thrown in the mix. She definitely knows how to lead those men by their balls.

This round did take a dark turn from the sunshine-spreading do-gooders portrayed in the last few episodes.
Maybe the biggest reveal in that was Sarah's quip, "I killed PolarBear for nothing..."
That also took me by surprise. Wasn't the dying accident victim (who got a last beer from Luciana) Polar Bear? It was
a relief when Sarah clarified that her theft of Polar Bear's rig resulted in his death, rather than her killing him directly.
He even advocated for the Marker 65 lady to take her life, instead of advising her to run, escape by any means possible.
I thought that single shot that came over the radio was the end for the woman. Another surprise.
Virginia is supposedly doing what she does for the greater good, I'm not buying into that, more likely she is building her own empire.
Negan claimed the same -- the end justifies the means. I found Virginia, though, to be far scarier than the poor, departed Logan. She's "The Governor" scary.
Ok, I seem to be in the minority but I really liked this episode.
I liked it, too. I haven't checked the web reviews. Are we in the minority?

I've been watching TWD from the beginning, and FTWD too. Between this and the terrible trailer they had for TWD S10, I'm done. They have both completely jumped the shark.

Yeah, I... pretty much agree with everything in this review. It has become a terrible show. 'Fear The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 13 Review: Well That Was Bizarre

I can think a few examples on really terrible shows, and I don't have to reach far. The forbes geezer said, "Show is aimless..." and that is true. There is no point on their doing, other than saving lives. But then again, that is the same thing Ricktator was doing in the D.C.

I've been watching TWD from the beginning, and FTWD too. Between this and the terrible trailer they had for TWD S10, I'm done. They have both completely jumped the shark.

If they lose the audience than yeah, the shows are done as well.

Yes. You need heat to separate the products.
Did you see a very tall tank? Did you see pipes coming off at different heights? I just saw a tank lying horizontally.
The rabbi looks to be a good addition.
He gives the lightheartedness we used to get from the others. They are now too serious and glum.
The forbes geezer said, "Show is aimless..." and that is true.
It has become aimless. I agree. I think that is the main problem here.

I don't know why they couldn't have worked with the other gang and supplied their "villages." They killed Logan, but so what? Logan was going to continue to be trouble, and his followers, even more trouble than him. It was only a matter of time before they met some group that would want to dominate them. They were lucky this group don't appear to be cruel, evil and sadistic like TWD groups. They do need to make friends and not more enemies. She did ask nicely, even if there were guns pointed at them. I thought it was a good offer. They need someone to protect them from the worse groups out there. Someone who isn't afraid to shoot to kill if they won't do it.

Did you see a very tall tank? Did you see pipes coming off at different heights? I just saw a tank lying horizontally.

Hollywood fake. They cannot show the real thing for some reason. Whatever the real thing is. And, to be honest, they'll have real refineries all over Texas. It is also quite strange Fear producers got a fine for rubbish from Austin authorities. Was it this or something else in the previous episodes, I don't know. All I know is that they messed up some place and it pissed the Authorities off.

They do need to make friends and not more enemies. She did ask nicely, even if there were guns pointed at them. I thought it was a good offer. They need someone to protect them from the worse groups out there. Someone who isn't afraid to shoot to kill if they won't do it.

I agree, more friends, no enemies. It's just when someone asks you at gunpoint, you'll say anything they want to hear. I know I have, when I've in those kind of situations. You'll walk away with a trauma, adrenaline rush and a feeling that you've actually achieved something. Juliana made a right decision. Someone needed to stay behind and learn from it. I believe the rest will come to collect her, when the time is right, but before it happens, they really need to see the bigger picture.

We all do.