It Chapter II (2019)

Phyrebrat

www.beanwriting.com
Supporter
I’m undecided how I feel about this. I enjoyed it but I expected more. Part of the problem is expecting us to feel scared for our protagonists now they’re adults. I just don’t believe they’d not laugh at some of Pennywise’s antics.

But most of all, most egregious, was the CGI. The end sections were often laughable- if you’re going to do that kind of thing, I’d’ve preferred practical effects - hell,
a marionette of the spider would have been in keeping with the whole olden day carnival/fayre theme rather than that slick unconvincing CGI

Any film that feels blood needs to be cgi’d fails.

I have more gripes and more praise but I need to let the experience percolate for a bit.

pH

I haven’t seen either yet. Loved the book, hated the Tim Curry movie. I’ll get the, on blu Ray and watch them back to back.

They appear to be very well made and I really hope that they hold up.

Saw this over the weekend, just sticking my head over the parapet to say I actually quite liked part 2, more then part 1.

Partly this was because this was a bit more 'faithful' to the book in that we actually stated at the start, finished at the finish and the flashbacks were in-keeping with the novel's structure.

Partly it was that I thought part 1 was a bit 'goonies on acid' and didn't really take to it.

It had it's faults, for example I did know the story, more-or-less, so I wonder how someone who hasn't read the book would have dealt with it. I certainly would recommend you watch part 1 first if that was the case, as there is a lot of plot and connections to go through.

But part 1 I remember being a tad rushed, and this was a bit more paced longer and I liked it more for it.

Some really good set pieces - Beverly meeting the old woman sticks in my mind - and nice Stephen King cameo and I'd guess there's loads of Easter eggs in it. I saw a few 'Shining' connections as they flashed by.

Really I would love if the director does go ahead and make a 'supercut' of both films and put something together that follows the novel closely. Okay, that'd be a five hour film, but that be my preference.

Didn't like the ending ;)

Just got back from a second viewing which I really enjoyed. I often wonder how important our (ever-changing) frame of mind is to our enjoyment of a film. I don’t think it’s just about expectations and excitement not being met, something deeper.

I was able to sit back and rally enjoy it this time. I’m home now and all I can think about is how much I want to see it again!

Also it’s awesome when the cinema is like this :
3CD8497B-02AC-4832-8496-23F8DA34A46A.jpeg

Back