My new adventure in cyberspace!

But @Parson ; it must be cooked correctly. Most peoples' bad experience with liver is due to old rural cooking standards where to insure food safety, you cooked it to death. Liver MR-M, pan fried w/bacon, make a gravy... great, now I'm hungry. Anywho, I'd rather eat liver, correctly prepared tongue, or best yet beef heart, more than most other cuts.

Hmm... Tongue on pizza might be good :unsure:

K2

But @Parson ; it must be cooked correctly. Most peoples' bad experience with liver is due to old rural cooking standards where to insure food safety, you cooked it to death. Liver MR-M, pan fried w/bacon, make a gravy... great, now I'm hungry. Anywho, I'd rather eat liver, correctly prepared tongue, or best yet beef heart, more than most other cuts.

Hmm... Tongue on pizza might be good :unsure:

K2

Don't know about tongue on pizza (shameless pun Bear!), but we ate all of those as well. Heart and Tongue were always sandwich meat and enjoyed. But like you say, liver fried correctly is a real treat.

Kind of like haggis traditionally served with nips and neats, I would need several neats of the whiskey before delving into calves liver!
Love haggis with tatties and neaps. And I love liver, steak and kidney pie or pud. At uni they did a fried liver sandwich that I still dream of. The last time I went back I was so disappointed to see it removed from the menu in the cafe.

Don't know about tongue on pizza (shameless pun Bear!), but we ate all of those as well. Heart and Tongue were always sandwich meat and enjoyed. But like you say, liver fried correctly is a real treat.
Tongue, well seasons, would be nice on pizza. Brawn would be better, and scratchings sublime.

Tongue, well seasons, would be nice on pizza. Brawn would be better, and scratchings sublime.
I'd give brawn and/or scratchings a try. Even well seasoned tongue slices.

Me ole Ukrainian Granny used to love to put on a platter of boilt Lamb's tongues. Absolutely delicious with a dab of Dijon Mustard.

Once in a while, I think I'd like to boil some up; but I can't seem to find any. Jeeze, granny used to get them at the A&P; but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

But the thought of putting them on pizza is repugnant.

I still remember fondly, from when I lived in Rochester, NY, the local specialty of potato and garlic pizza. (On white sauce, naturally.)

Just for the record, I have eaten liver. Many times as a child. I just don’t like the taste.

On a side note, there used to be a Chinese restaurant near me that had a specialty: chicken liver chow mein. Yuck!!

IDK. Never was curious enough nor brave enough to try it.

It’s been turned into a barbecue place now.