My new adventure in cyberspace!

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
Possibly....
But mostly I was thinking it must be at least 5 years since I ate my last pizza.
Really?! I doubt that there are many 5 day periods when pizza does not appear on our table.

Elckerlyc

"I'll rant as well as thou!" - Hamlet
Really?! I doubt that there are many 5 day periods when pizza does not appear on our table.
My turn to say Really?!
It isn't that I dislike pizza. It just doesn't satisfy me as dinner. I see it more as a snack (provided it doesn't have the size of a cartwheel.)

Parson

Supporter
My turn to say Really?!
It isn't that I dislike pizza. It just doesn't satisfy me as dinner. I see it more as a snack (provided it doesn't have the size of a cartwheel.)
The calories in even a pizza slice puts its clearly into the meal category for me. (We normally have a 14 in./36 cm diameter pizza) Not that I usually can limit myself to a slice. Three or four is more my usual helping. It is one of the few things that my wife and/or I will say that we are hungry for regularly.

Elckerlyc

"I'll rant as well as thou!" - Hamlet
Well, I live alone and have to cook for myself. So, getting a pizza ordered by cyberspace - as @dannymcg g has just learned (us) to do - ought perhaps for me to be a tempting way out of cluttering the kitchen. But Chinese cyber-takeaway always wins.

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
I ordered from Pizza Hut tonight. A medium 5-topping pizza I had coming free, the sticks and 2-liter deal and a brownie.

Instead of the bread sticks, they sent a large meat lover's pizza.

I didn't complain...

Margaret Note Spelling

I'm gonna try my hand at posting a link now, just because this video is actually remarkably relevant to the whole ordering-pizza-over-the-internet idea (despite its misleading title). It starts out with a thought experiment about two armies, but goes on to explain (yes, relevantly) a bit about how the whole online pizza ordering system works--and how it once failed.

*deep breath* Here we go.

Galactic Bus Driver

Unrepentant Book Junkie
I simply have to echo Danno (on the new Five-O ), well paraphrase, chicken, ham, corn and pineapple have no place on a pizza!
Oh. You're gonna "love" this:
Start with Naan flat bread. Add a thin layer of plum sauce (sweet and sour in a pinch). A light sprinkling of Gouda cheese, very spicy (well, face melting hot, actually, the hotter, the better) chicken, pineapple, kiwi, mango, papaya, shallots (sweet onions in a pinch), sweet peppers and more Gouda cheese.

Bake at 350 until the cheese is melted and the edges are starting to brown.

Best! Pizza! EVER!

:D

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Start with Naan flat bread. Add a thin layer of plum sauce (sweet and sour in a pinch). A light sprinkling of Gouda cheese, very spicy (well, face melting hot, actually, the hotter, the better) chicken, pineapple, kiwi, mango, papaya, shallots (sweet onions in a pinch), sweet peppers and more Gouda cheese.

Best! Pizza! EVER!

Parson

Supporter

Best! Pizza! EVER!

Interesting, but ...... I'd only try more than a bite if it's better than it sounds.

Caledfwlch

I am not a Geek, I am a Level 22 Warrior!
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Principality of Wales
When I were moving in England "oop North" l in Yorkshire of coursez you wouldn't catch me living in the soft Jessie land known as Southern England!! As a Welshman I felt more kinship with Yorkshire folk than Southerners (I bow to no man except.... The King in the North)

Anyway, after a couple years in the Capital of the north, the City of Leeds, a wonderful place (pfffft to Manchester claims to be the northern capital, its practically in the south!!)
My now ex, the beautiful gothic/punk princess not to mention fair bit younger(!!!smug & boast mode activated given how ugly I be) Leeds Lass who was my paramour, partner, lover, alibi and fiance decided we should move to Doncasterx to be nearer her mam.

So we moved to a village called Stainforth, a place home to the a Hatfield Main a major coal pit in its time, 10 miles. North of Donny.

Whilst there a local entrepreneur opened a new kind of takeaway - or a new way to destroy one's arteries and die quicker!,

It did the usual, pizzas, burgers and so on as well as specialties . The difference?, everything and I mean everything was. Covered, nay drenched in BBQ sauce!!!!

dannymcg

You have stolen my dreams and my childhood
Nothing to do with pizza (btw I've moved on with my online ordering and we tried, and succeeded, with a Chinese last weekend!) but I remember taking their fire fighting team on in a inter-pit competion in the late 1970's
So we moved to a village called Stainforth, a place home to the a Hatfield Main a major coal pit in its time, 10 miles. North of Donny
IIRC we carried out a set number of challenges on a sports field and beat them by a good margin.....
wow! I was so fit and athletic back then, I don't think I could walk the events nowadays