Which classic novels/authors haven't you read?

There are quite a few books I have not read yet, especially in the classics. Joseph Conrad being one, quite a few D. H. Lawrence is another. In the fantasy books I'm aiming to read Anne McCaffrey, more specifically her Dragon novels, I'm sure that they come under classics.

Then there is the problem of having read endless quantities of science fiction easily found/purchased at local stores in the 70s, new or used, and now many of them, like the stores, are just memories.

Have you tried these sites?
You may be surprised at what's still out there in print.

Where I live several book fairs are held each summer, the biggest with over 800 stalls of all sorts of books. It's a fun way of spending the day browsing all those stalls (though for me primarily the ones dedicated to (English) SFF.), once a year. And every year I find something that will hit on a memory.

@Elckerlyc Thanks
The bookfinder site looks good. Easy way to search ebay.
The used books online search site isn't working for me. First it said data base connection error, then it said the page isn't working. Maybe cause I'm in the US.

@Elckerlyc Thanks
The bookfinder site looks good. Easy way to search ebay.
The used books online search site isn't working for me. First it said data base connection error, then it said the page isn't working. Maybe cause I'm in the US.

Hmmm.... It looks like the site is down. It worked for me this afternoon (GMT +1), but not now. Try again later or, even better, try usedbooksearch.us.

Kurt Vonnegut
And about a half dozen others on that 'top 100' list I never heard of...

#1, 6, 18, 24, 27, 32, 35, 37, 41, 46 and 50 of that top 50 list

None of these - Doctor Faustus, The Monk, The Sound of his Horn, Lost Souls, Silk, House of Leaves, The Cipher

I've mostly only read the more famous works of Sci-Fi, but Fantasy, I've read gobs.

And before this thread, I'd have called myself 'well-read'... now, hmm...

Really, why classics when we could read, say, The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester or Against Infinity by Greg Benford, or watch Forbidden Planet or maybe I Walked with a Zombie?

Randy M.

Back