DISCUSSION THREAD, September 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Argh! Is that how it usually goes with these challenges!?
Composing a decent story in just 75 words is already hard enough. Competing with anyone who can create mega-groan puns at will is going to give me nightmares and constipation. :eek:

Believe me, the great white bear is the king of puns around here.

And please mention not that final word you put down, I'm someone...I won't get into that here. I'd rather have nightmares, honestly.

And please mention not that final word you put down, I'm someone...I won't get into that here. I'd rather have nightmares, honestly.

If that's the case I won't use that word again (much). I promise. Cross my heart etc. Trust me on this.

I decided upon using my fifth idea, mostly because I couldn't think of how to end stories, one through four. Mostly.

I can't wait to read the other tales that have been already submitted.

@Starbeast .... Captured From Earth & Spared From the Menu .... Starbeast brings two archvillains together and what they celebrate surprised me. That's for sure.

@Tywin .... The Peaceable Species .... Tywin tells a tale terrific irony. It proves that assumptions can be very bad for your health.

Sorry, but I'm not sure of the procedure here. Do I simply post my story in the relevant Challenge thread? Or do I have to run it by someone first?

Just post it, after you have read the first post in that thread, giving you all the details. (Keep it "family friendly," etc.)

One important point is that the length must not be more than the stated limit of 75 words, not counting the title. If it is longer, it will be deleted, so count carefully. If you are in any doubt about the word count (hyphenated words, etc.), contact a moderator.

Thank you Victoria and Parson for reviews.

About the "family friendly" is going to be hard to respect that to the letter. Wikipedia definition of this month theme is exactly the oposite:

Black comedy, also known as black humor, dark comedy or gallows humor, is a comic style that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Writers and comedians often use it as a tool for exploring vulgar issues, by provoking discomfort and serious thought as well as amusement in their audience. Popular themes of the genre include death and violence, discrimination, disease, and human sexuality.

Back