NEW SCI-FI MOVIES

I've been wanting to see Alita. Robert Rodriguez used to be a huge inspiration for me in my early 20's. His book, Rebel Without A Crew, spiraled me into writing scripts and casting away my inner-demons off for a couple of years. His unrelenting discipline behind the making of El Mariachi is what led me to get some short scripts sold for production. Unfortunately, that's where the story ends, because I practically got screwed over by people in the industry and learned the hard way.

This is why I joined this forum. It's a pivotal step in the right direction. I'm hoping to improve my story-telling, plot development and writing overall. When I'm ready, I will be trying to get myself traditionally published.

I watched this over the weekend. I was drawn in due to James Cameron being attached to it.

It was okay, entertaining and with well executed fight scenes. I found it to be a bit too cartoony for my taste, It was also pretty clunky in places and the romance was a little cliché. Still, the open ending cried out for a sequel and I would definitely go and watch that.

This was a great movie! I have no issues with it..really at all!

Blade runner 1982?- at least all the cuts before the final director's one. As Rutger Hauer put it Harrison's character decided to run away with what was essentially 'a fridge'. :giggle:

I haven't seen the film, but will definitely look out for it when it comes out on platforms I have access to. Wasn't compelled to go to the cinema for it, but it looks interesting enough.

Make sure to get the Dvd or Blue-ray.

Can't watch it: Looks like Polar Express. CGI still has a long way to go before action scenes and people are realistic, and Alita goes in the other direction.

Back