Disney to reboot Alien Franchise

The last one by Ridley was a bit of a dumpster fire, imo, so fingers crossed for something decent!
The backstory became an incomprehensible tangle, so a reboot would be the sensible thing. Preferably with more than lazy CGI splatting around the screen killing off expendable non-characters.

Let me get this straight - instead of moving forward with new worlds, new stories, new creators, they are rehashing the same tired old franchise?

Just... no.

How about an animated remake of the 1979 film with Mickey Mouse , Donald Duck and Goofy or with the characters from Toy Story ? :D

Nah, @picklematrix, although I'm sure if they did a reboot it would be commerically successful, personally I'm done with such moves. Disney essentially did it with Star Wars. And it was...meh.

Ridley Scott had a chance to 'reboot' it with his original triliogy. Prometheus was interesting, but fundamentally flawed on many levels. Covenent was him panicking and trying to go back to basics (almost a reboot, I'd contend) but failed.

I'd rather just watch the original Alien.

Movie-wise, I'm much more interested in the 'super cut' of It when or if it comes out.

Nah, @picklematrix, although I'm sure if they did a reboot it would be commerically successful, personally I'm done with such moves. Disney essentially did it with Star Wars. And it was...meh.

Ridley Scott had a chance to 'reboot' it with his original triliogy. Prometheus was interesting, but fundamentally flawed on many levels. Covenent was him panicking and trying to go back to basics (almost a reboot, I'd contend) but failed.

I'd rather just watch the original Alien.

Movie-wise, I'm much more interested in the 'super cut' of It when or if it comes out.

I hate Prometheus with a passion and didn't bother with Alien Covenant . I think that Scott should have left the the Space Jockey /enginners and the alien creatures origin a mystery .

My next idea was a Lego version of the 1979 film. ;)

Surely they need to do a live action version first. Then a full blown 'natural' cgi one, a la The Lion King. Then they could go back and re-boot it, in 3D or better animation this time. And do all three versions with the Lego one as well. :)

Seriously, the Aliens setting is rather small in terms of what's in it and what style of things there might be. There's not much room for change. A remake of Dune could look very different to previous versions, but a remake of Alien is going to have to cover a lot of overlapping ground in much the same way.

I'm quite easily pleased when it comes to Xenomorohs, I may even enjoy a mediocre film.
A little suspense, dark, shadowy set design and ill be happy.

They should start making crossovers, now that would be fun!

Bambi meets alien vs predator.

• Haha
Reactions: OHB
If we're talking crossovers, I'd like to promote my idea for a mix-up in an elevator leading Tony Stark's replacement as Iron Man (he's on holiday) being Mr. Bean rather than Sean Bean [who, shockingly, gets killed off early on]. Cue a fortnight of Iron Bean.

If we're talking crossovers, I'd like to promote my idea for a mix-up in an elevator leading Tony Stark's replacement as Iron Man (he's on holiday) being Mr. Bean rather than Sean Bean [who, shockingly, gets killed off early on]. Cue a fortnight of Iron Bean.

I would watch this.

They should start making crossovers, now that would be fun!

Bambi meets alien vs predator.

Bambi would fare far better against the Alien and The Predator then he did against Godszilla .:whistle:

And by the way there is really is an animated short Bambi vs Godzilla . It's a very short. :D

Talking of alien crossovers did anyone ever read the Superman / Alien crossover? What a cop out of an ending that was.