Agents of shield 6:13: New Life

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
The ending of Izel and Sarge, was a bit of an anti climax, I'd accepted May was gone last week, then too see she was still alive on the other side, of course she saved the day with a little help from Mack. Then I thought she had finally gone only for Simmons to appear and will be able to save her.

Thought we lost YoYo as well but with Izel's demise the bat came out.

Now we are set up for next season and a war with the chronicoms. FitzSimmons have perfected time travel, made breakthroughs in medicine and created a new and improved Coulson.

I don't know why the producers feel we need Coulson in one form or another, we said goodbye to him in season five they should have left it there. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the series but it could work without him, I was also put out with how easy they defeated Izel.

Yeah, I don't mind characters staying, or being killed off, but the pretend "Oh, there's deadly danger... just kidding, they're fine" angle is a bit tiresome, especially when it's used twice in the same episode.

Either May or Yo-Yo going could've worked, as May just felt hung up on Coulson this season and the back-and-forth with Mack and Yo-Yo would've made it fitting (in a storytelling sense).

Fitz's actual death (but return) at least made direct sense, in a weird sort of way. Simmons ex machina rescuing May was a bit iffier.

I thought the Chronicoms might be redirected to fight against Izel and the shrike, as the destroyers of their own world. Bit surprised it didn't turn that way.

The war among the Chronicoms looks to It Ibe the main subject in the next season. It maks sense to have Fitz and Simmons among them after what they had to do in the last seasons.

Coulson was only a mask and we could finally saw what was behind that mask. I agree. It's a bit too much having his ghost hanging on in the series. He still may be back in a Chronicom form in the next season.

It's a bit too much having his ghost hanging on in the series.
Isn't the Coulson we saw at the end only an LMD (a Life Model Decoy), i.e. not Coulson at all, but only something that looks like him (so, in a different way, a bit like Sarge)?

Isn't the Coulson we saw at the end only an LMD (a Life Model Decoy), i.e. not Coulson at all, but only something that looks like him (so, in a different way, a bit like Sarge)?

We actually saw the real Sarge, having Coulson appearance, like a fake mask. I was really dissapointes as I hoped Coulson was still alive even from a different dimmension.