Distaff Science Fiction Anthology Out Now!

Definitely kosher! Please do. If you clearly put in it that you received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review, all should be well.

Just don’t mention any bungs you were given :D

(That’s a joke, Amazon!)

I will get on it in a few .... days? In the mean time, I'm befuddled. Any "bungs?" I know of bungs that refer to stoppers, and those that refer to holes, but I just can't help feeling (and I even Googled it!) that there is a joke there that is fling way, way, above my head.

I will get on it in a few .... days? In the mean time, I'm befuddled. Any "bungs?" I know of bungs that refer to stoppers, and those that refer to holes, but I just can't help feeling (and I even Googled it!) that there is a joke there that is fling way, way, above my head.

Bungs is British slang for bribes.

I'm just reading DISTAFF now, having got it at TitanCon. I am a bit of a slow reader, and the day job gets in the way, too. However, once finished, I will put up a review -- definitely on Goodreads, and on Amazon if they will allow it.

For the record, it is a bloody great read so far. I'm really enjoying it. Not a surprise, as I know the previous work of the authors in question.

I tend to stay away from short stories--just that my preference is the novels and series.
However I did purchase this somewhere around when you first announced it and gobbled it down in one night.
My only disappointment was coming to the end--it came too soon--I could have read more...
Waiting for the next installment....
FYI: Yes; sort-of:
I thought it was the ‘mercian. Sorry Parson!
Secondary definition in Cambridge dictionary.

Last edited:
In many of the more relaxed civilizations of the anglophone regions of the planet Earth the women’s anthology has already supplanted the great TESTAMENTS as the book to read this autumn, for though it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the newer, and may I say more pedestrian work in two important respects. First, it is slightly cheaper; and second, it has the word "DISTAFF" inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

Back