• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Keeps logging out

dannymcg

"It places the lotion in the basket"
Since Friday I've been logged out at least a dozen times, despite having selected 'stay logged in'
This is annoying if I pop into Google to check something, flick back to Chronicles and find I have to log in all over again.
I've ensured my browser and software is all up to date

dannymcg

I'm a member of several other sites, including four sci fi sites, and this hasn't happened with any of them

Alex The G and T

Thar! That Blows.
My worst nightmare. I have been continuously logged in for so many years that I haven't a clue about how to precisely spell my username; much less remember which password I used.

Fortunately, apparently, I'm not having any such problems as you, danny.

Maybe something tossed your cookies.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
That's strange, as there have been no changes to chrons - is it possible that a browser update may have over-ridden your security preferences?

dannymcg

That's strange, as there have been no changes to chrons - is it possible that a browser update may have over-ridden your security preferences?
I'll have a butcher's at my security issues and see how things appear.
Cheers

Abernovo

Supporter
@dannymcg, I had the same problem with another website. I cleared history, cookie, and cache (which I do regularly anyway), and that cleared up the issue.

In my case, a connectivity issue meant I was getting a lot of session cookies and partial pages from a completely different, and overbuilt, tech(!) website. So, my browser basically got full/confused, and wasn't storing the new session cookies properly.

dannymcg

Cheers, I went to my cache and it took a very long time watching the little thing spinning around before it finally said 'cache empty'
Hopefully it'll be ok now