(Found) Book search: Fantasy, young woman coming into her powers, blue veins on her hand?

pistachoo

I think it's a series I read as a teenager in the early 90's. I remember only a couple of scenes now, but do recall how much I enjoyed it.

Snippet 1: young woman (name starts with M??? ) is from elsewhere – another land? – needs to get local clothes, shoes made.

Snippet 2: (possibly a later book in the series) she and her fiancé are escaping on horseback, into a dark lake. Night time, dark tower nearby. Elves? Special/magic silver bracelets. (Is his name Mikhail? I can't recall for sure.) Previous to escape they lived in a castle of some sort.

Major plot point /theme throughout: she is coming into her power, and as it strengthens she has blue veins of power show up on the backs of her hands. She's not sure how to handle /wield it.

Sorry, I couldn't help with this one, I've read a lot of sci fi but not much fantasy.
Don't give up, there are some get answered in minutes but others take weeks (or longer!)

Have a look at our guide and see if you can think of anything else

I found it! ...and it took me over an hour to find this site again so I could update the thread, lol!

The key was finally remembering the main character's name....

Snippet 1: young woman (name starts with M??? ) is from elsewhere – another land? – needs to get local clothes, shoes made.

Marguerida Alton, of Darkover!

Guess how I'ma spend my summer? ;)