Zeno open for submissions for two week period from 5th August

Submitted on same day I started this thread and received same template rejection just now. Although, now looking at Louise B's interests, I need not have bothered as she's not interested in my genre.

Last edited:
I believe they have a new agent at the agency who's going to be open to subs in early 2020.

I believe they have a new agent at the agency who's going to be open to subs in early 2020.
If you look on Zeno's website, Kristina Perez's bio and wants are already up and she says she will be open to submissions early 2020. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea though.

If you look on Zeno's website, Kristina Perez's bio and wants are already up and she says she will be open to submissions early 2020. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea though.

Hmmm, might be up mine though - although it does bring up the thorny issue of what is marginalisation.

Last edited:
It's interesting that we've had discussions before about epic fantasy and science fiction not being very inclusive, but both women at that agency show a definite preference for SF/F away from that and more toward markets with larger female readerships. John, on the other hand, is one of the few agents who does. We might want to remember that next time the issue comes up. :)

I had previously sent mine to John Jarrold but received no reply, wondering whether to chase that up or should no reply be interpreted as an even more emphatic rejection?

I had previously sent mine to John Jarrold but received no reply, wondering whether to chase that up or should no reply be interpreted as an even more emphatic rejection?

It doesn't matter -- you don't have to submit to only one agent at a time.

(But if his website is quiet on the subject of when or whether he'll get back to you, and it's been more than three months, I'd chase him up, and if he doesn't reply to that, interpret it as a rejection.)

John normally replies. He also has a notoriously tough spam filter. I’d nudge.
In fact reviewing my diary I see that I did chase him up back in July, and again got no reply, so I guess I'll cross him off my list.