Zeno open for submissions for two week period from 5th August

I have just read from Louise "I am especially keen to see some crime fiction, historical fiction, and literary fiction." so thinking no chance.

I have just read from Louise "I am especially keen to see some crime fiction, historical fiction, and literary fiction." so thinking no chance.
Damn, my fantasy gumshoe dwarf novel is nowhere near completion :p

I am actually halfway through one. This month's 75 uses him.

EDIT: do submissions have to be completed works?

It is accepted practise that submissions to agents should be completed works (well, maybe bar a few pages that you can complete between sending in the submission and getting an answer back, which can at times be very quick). The agent on reading your submission will have a current publisher in mind if they ask for a full MS, who of course may change after a little while. Sometimes the churn in the publishing world can be quite extensive.

For anyone who hasn't submitted yet, I've done a little research on Louise Buckley. She seems to place a lot of weight on the query letter (book first, you second) and very little on the synopsis. Reads only the first one to two pages of the manuscript unless you hook her early but I guess that's true of most agents.

I'm going to have a punt when I can find time to write the query and hope I've finished this round of editing before I get rejected - it's good to have goals!

Ah, Zeno.... back in the day, I submitted to them in their open submission window - after 3 weeks they requested the full ms on 2/9/2014 ( I said, back in the day...) and I got a rejection on Christmas Eve! I replied to their rejection just saying "Bah, humbug"...

Good luck to you all!

You've obviously got a festive sense of humour.

Good luck to those submitting.

I just saw this and am very tempted. I'm doing some final polishing on my MS after a couple of drafts, but expect to be done in the next two weeks anyway so could squeeze to four days if I work at it! However reading up on Louise, I'm not sure she'd really want an epic fantasy landing on her desk. Hrmmm.

Yeah I got mine a couple of days ago.

"Dear Dan,

Thank you very much submitting THE HOLE IN THE SKY to me. After careful consideration, I am sorry to say that it is not right for me.
Nevertheless, I wish you all the best in your search for representation.

All best wishes"

Onwards.