Gerry Anderson's UFO

Actually, @BAYLOR now that I've watched all the episodes, you're probably right about better writing being needed. The last few episodes were quite lame and repetitive. I suspect there was no money left and therefore the scripts suffered.

The UFO Series had a very interesting premise and could have been so much more then it was . :cool:

I think it does have reboot possibilities.:)

Rod Stewart's railway layout
The layout has appeared a few times in Model Railroader (MR) and is spectacular. The skyscrapers in that modelled city are, I believe, 5ft tall and Stewart works on them (as relaxation) when he's on tour, i.e. he's often done the the work on them in hotel rooms.

I seem to remember him mentioning that he had problems in a hotel room where he couldn't open the windows: as you might imagine, the making of those buildings, with their hundreds of individual windows, requires the use of a lot of adhesives (with their attendant fumes).

I haven't got one of the relevant issues of MR to hand, but if I recall correctly, the layout is well over 100ft long, although much of that is staging (i.e. the sidings (loops) where the trains are kept when they're not on the "visible" part of the layout).

I seem to remember him mentioning that he had problems in a hotel room where he couldn't open the windows: as you might imagine, the making of those buildings, with their hundreds of individual windows, requires the use of a lot of adhesives (with their attendant fumes).
How things have changed in the music world. Here's me thinking that it wouldn't be rock-n-roll if he let the fumes escape without making use of them first ;)

Forces TV (Freeview 96) are showing this from the start, 2 episodes a night, 9pm-11pm.
50 years old, and still futuristic, but I’d forgotten how much fan-service it contained. Some of the mini-skirts make Lt Uhura look positively Victorian.

Something you lot may, or may not know, is that moonbase alpha, from Space 1999, was designed as an advanced UFO base. This was set 20 years after the original, but alas the US studios decided not to adopt the show. Considering how Space 1999 was destroyed by the same idiotic producer who ended Star Trek's five year mission, it can be seen as a mercy.