Killjoys 5.03 Three Killjoys and a Lady

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
"Good-bye, thief."
"Good-bye, ship."

R.I.P. Lucy. You were a very special AI

But, what if ...
... Lucy made a backup of herself before the Lady messed her up?

Didn't Johnny take an USB key ? The Kiljoys will need Lucy back to fight against the Lady.

So the Lady trapped them with the escape, just to be able to spy them and find where the kid hides. She will be dissapointed. So far the kid was able to see the future and had a few steps in advance.

Johnny took something shiny and blue, as I recall, from the control area and muttered something unintelligible.
I took the toast to the departed AI to mean that even Johnny thinks she is gone.

Not sure about Lucy. I would make a back-up somewhere and keep it regularly updated, but they probably haven't had time for that recently with all that is going on. I'm getting tired of this Lady story-line. It's like a classic "Republic" film serial, or 1960's Batman, where the protagonist heroes escape form certain death at the end of every single week, and the villains are never mastered, because despite their foolproof plans and superior intelligence, they continue to regularly make simple mistakes.

What are you talking about villans, Dave ? In the first seasons, we had Khlyen who played that role, than we had the Hullen, Delle Seyah, Aneela and a few others less important and now we have the Lady. Villans are not always what they seem to be.

The Lady - she is a vastly superior being that makes simple stupid mistakes. They play to the tropes that while she inhabits human bodies, humans are flawed and being evil sucks. Can't she see that these increasingly complicated plans to make them give up the child just aren't working?

Now you are just too tough with her. She is not human, so it's quite normal she cannot understand human beings.
Khelyen tries to explain her this point in episode #5, but I'm no sure how much she can process this as a fact.