Cyberpunk , no rockets or spaceships, little horror, alphanumeric in text

Dwyerchris

Read 2 books in the early 2000's, little bit cyberpunk, one of the books had some ninja/martial arts stuff in it, possibly the ninja was a woman, there was some type of mind device the bad guy was using, he was a big, evil, crazy, heavy guy, dreadlocks?, and one of the main things I remember is that there were places where the text would stop and there were messages or dialogue or something and the headers or part of the message would be in alphanumeric characters. They were hardback, it was a male author, and I would say they were written in the 80's, 90's or early 2000's. I don't know if they were part of a series, but possibly the main character was the same in both. I remeber something about a green or blue glow downstairs in a castle or something. Real wild books, not like anything I had read before. Thanks

Sounds very much like Neuromancer by William Gibson.
Hi, I lookes at the wikipedia page about Neuromancer, and it sounds cool, but I don't think that's it. I think the one I am talking about is told in first person. Thanks.

Possibly Jon Courtenay Grimwood's Cyber Noir books (NeoAddix, Lucifer's Dragon, Remix and Redrobe). Though not sure I remember any dreadlocks but maybe.

This actually sounds familiar and has been asked before and found; however I'm at a loss.
All I know is the alphanumeric headings sound familiar.
I think somewhere in the past of this search section lies the answer.

This actually sounds familiar and has been asked before and found; however I'm at a loss.
All I know is the alphanumeric headings sound familiar.
I think somewhere in the past of this search section lies the answer.
Ok, thanks for your help.

Possibly Jon Courtenay Grimwood's Cyber Noir books (NeoAddix, Lucifer's Dragon, Remix and Redrobe). Though not sure I remember any dreadlocks but maybe.
Hey bud, I looked online at a blurb about NeoAddix, I don't think thats it. I wish the authors name was something like Jon Courtenay Grimwood, it would have been easier to remenber probably. Thanks for your help.