Star Trek: Picard - official trailers

This might make me get Amazon Prime...

I've finally watched the series, it's brilliant viewing, with plenty of cameos from former Trek series. The plot is breathtaking and keeps you watching.

WAT.jpg

I'll drop this here.
Star Trek’s galaxy is filled with mysterious alien races, unexplained phenomena, and incomprehensible technology that our Starfleet heroes would love to explore and understand. And then there’s the Q Continuum, a group of beings that a lot of those Starfleet officers wish would leave them alone instead.

But you can’t keep a good omnipotent being down, and now that the Q are coming back—well, a Q, our Q, if you will—with John de Lancie’s arrival in the second season of Star Trek: Picard, here are the ins and outs of what you need to know about one of Star Trek’s most enduringly silly godlike species, and its most iconic self-named member.

I don't want to speculate what happened to Q, because they'll have their own explanation for why gods or deities age. I have my own suspicions.

Indiana Picard, Crisis in Q-continuum, End of the Federation, TT and the Borg queen. Very nice. I also loved hearing Old Man Picard cracking out a swear word.

Hmmm. Alternate timelines. They've been flogged to death already, haven't they? I enjoyed series 1 on the most part, despite it's tonal fluctuation. This is definitely not the way I would have taken the show, but I'll certainly give it a chance.

Reactions: ctg
Looks good.. and lets face it, it can't be worse than the first season, so it can only get better from here! :ROFLMAO:

The dizzying alternate Picard timeline on Paramount+ will not be an infinite one.

After cast members suggested that the latest Patrick Stewart-led Star Trek series would soon conclude, Paramount made the news official on Tuesday: Picard will end after its third season. As part of its conclusion, the series will ramp up appearances of familiar faces from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Tuesday's announcement confirmed that actors LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, and Gates McFadden would appear in the series during its third season. Previous Picard guest stars and TNG castmates included Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, and Brent Spiner. This massive TNG reunion has so far only been teased with names and audio. Each revealed third-season actor mutters bits of dialogue in a brief teaser trailer that ends with Picard and Riker facing off in an apparent duel.