Star Trek: Picard - official trailers

Hopefully they will not follow a plot similar to one in the 1980s V-the Series with the starchild or whatever she was called.
The thing that happened to ST-TNG that gave it life was when they retooled the Borg into a threatening adversary. The premise of Star Trek is contrary to that--it's about seeking harmony with others--but the Borg (at least in the best-remembered stories) was the unstoppable, unreasonable threat. It allowed for a kind of suspense which Star Trek had not previously had except with Khan (which was also in opposition to Star Trek's harmony theme too since he originally welcomed being put on the wilderness planet--after 20 years he was mad that Kirk wasn't looking after his welfare more closely!).

Hopefully they will not follow a plot similar to one in the 1980s V-the Series with the starchild or whatever she was called.
The thing that happened to ST-TNG that gave it life was when they retooled the Borg into a threatening adversary. The premise of Star Trek is contrary to that--it's about seeking harmony with others--but the Borg (at least in the best-remembered stories) was the unstoppable, unreasonable threat. It allowed for a kind of suspense which Star Trek had not previously had except with Khan (which was also in opposition to Star Trek's harmony theme too since he originally welcomed being put on the wilderness planet--after 20 years he was mad that Kirk wasn't looking after his welfare more closely!).

I would like to have seen a series in which the Federation went to all out war with thee Borg. Call the series Star Trek: The Borg Wars

I would like to have seen a series in which the Federation went to all out war with thee Borg. Call the series Star Trek: The Borg Wars

There would be a lot of re-calibrating of shield mutation.

I'm afraid such a series would likely be the most expensive in history.

Though great!

Perhaps. I think I would rather see them fighting the Hirogen. That was such a great opportunity missed in Voyager. We hade one episode then nothing. That should have broken the series wide open.

They are in 4 Voyager episodes apparently. They are sated from their extremist words with hologen tech..

Hirogen are in 9 episodes according to Memory Alpha.
Borg are in 23 Voy episodes and 6 Next gen.............on reflection, maybe we've had too much Borg

I thought the Vidians were scary but my favorite of the Voyager aliens was SPECIES 8472.

This series would have major points if they brought back Ensign Ro but I guess that won't happen.

Perhaps. I think I would rather see them fighting the Hirogen. That was such a great opportunity missed in Voyager. We hade one episode then nothing. That should have broken the series wide open.

A series scenario like Year in Hell would have made a great Voyager series.

Blimey! 84 posts in 15 years @Jax , I feel honoured to have witnessed one! Welcome back?
Don't, you'll make me post again.........dammit !

I'm too cool to post.......or did I mean lazy?
Im always here, never much to say lol.

Just found this trailer analysis by Trek Central. Looks like they going with post apocalypse (the controversial supernova event) Romulan's experimenting with Borg technology presumably to try and regain some lost power. Gotta love the lab sign saying 5,843 days without assimilation lol! Looks like they have control of a cube too. Considering Romulan's and Borg were my favourite villains from TNG this pleases me greatly.

I'm saddened that the show has already been pushed back - to early 2020. I trust it's because they want to make sure they get the best production, but I'm so durn anxious!!

I'm saddened that the show has already been pushed back
There could be all kinds of different reasons for that delay, including contract negotiations with Amazon Prime, or rights issues, or just the availability of very busy actors. It is frustrating waiting for TV and film that you really want to see, but equally good if you can see they don't want to compromise and push out a shoddy unfinished product. I once heard that you can always tell the quality of a film just from the initial credits and opening titles alone - that if they were expensive, thoughtful, and had had some obvious time spent on them, then the rest of the film would have done too. The one thing we can take from these trailers is that the TV show is certainly coming at some point. There has already been too much filmed for them to cancel it and write it off as a bad loss.

I'm saddened that the show has already been pushed back - to early 2020. I trust it's because they want to make sure they get the best production, but I'm so durn anxious!!

No worries , that's only a few month away .

RED ALERT! We've got another new trailer. The beard is back! The old uniforms make a cameo! 7 or 9 is doing her Ronin thing. And we introduce the most hated admiral in Star Trek history haha!

US:

People like me outside of US: