Star Trek: Picard - official trailers

You mean they get Back to the Future? You've spoiled it for me now!
Of course they will get back from the Future and probably get lost again, since the old crew is going to get back together for the next season.

Star Trek: Picard's third and final season is bringing back Star Trek: The Next Generation's core cast, but those aren't the only familiar faces that will show up in the coming episodes. Terry Matalas is the showrunner on Picard's final season and he stopped by the Inglorious Treksperts podcast to talk about how the new season, which has already wrapped filming, is shaping up. Matalas spoke about how, as a fan, the shock of getting to work with all of these iconic Star Trek actors is only now dwaning on him as he's working through the third season's post-production process.

"You had them all the time… there was one moment in particular… it's a legendary moment, let's just say," Matalas said (via TrekMovie's transcription). "I will say they're all reunited. And there's some things going on and I remember turning to my assistant, and saying, 'Right now, I should be in tears, but I'm too ****ing stressed to get this right.' Because I don't want to f*ck it up. That's the key.

"The moments really hit in post, when now I can watch that moment and it's not Patrick, Frakes, LeVar, and Gates, and Marina, and Michael. It's Picard, and Riker, and Geordi. And the music is up. One of the things I've been spending a lot of time on right now is the music. It is very much in the spirit of [Jerry] Goldsmith and [James] Horner… And so when you see those moments with the score, then that hits. You're like, 'Oh, my God, we did this!'"

That's when Matalas mentioned some other returning characters. He didn't name who in particular but said that, in a weird way, the less prominent character's return hit him even harder.

"And funny enough, there are moments that are–because there are some people who come back from Star Trek in this season that aren't just the Next Gen cast," he said. "There's one character who is in Next Gen who I was like, 'I really want this character to come back.' And when they did, that was weirdly more thrilling than everything else in totality."

Matalas previously express his excitement about reuniting The Next Generation's cast in a press release announcing their return. "I remember watching the premiere of Star Trek: The Next Generation almost 34 years ago with my father like it was yesterday. It was the spark that ignited my love for science fiction," Matalas said. "So, it's most fitting that the story of Jean-Luc Picard ends honoring the beginning, with his dearest and most loyal friends from the U.S.S. Enterprise. It would be an understatement to say that giving these characters a proper send-off is an honor. The entire Star Trek: Picard team and I can't wait for fans to experience this final, high-stakes, starship-bound adventure in season three!"

"I received a distress call from Wesley Crusher," Picard whispered. Man, are we going to receive another TT season?

"We are all going to die," Ricker announced after Worf told them he has become a pacifist. Thing is in the footage Worf shows that he has the skills and will to defend himself, but he's not going to push them away, because there's a conflict, making him a bit more TWD's Morgan like.

I think the worf pacifist is playing on the fact that in the original series in most encounters Worf would be 100% for raising shields, arming weapons and all and then one of the other bridge crew would shut him down for a more diplomatic approach. I'm now very much waiting for the scene where Picard tells Worf to arm phasers, raise shields and Worf goes "wait captain, we might be able to reason with them" or something to that effect.

"I received a distress call from Wesley Crusher," Picard whispered. Man, are we going to receive another TT season?

"We are all going to die," Ricker announced after Worf told them he has become a pacifist. Thing is in the footage Worf shows that he has the skills and will to defend himself, but he's not going to push them away, because there's a conflict, making him a bit more TWD's Morgan like.

Im trying to figure out Amanda Plummer's character and why she's on vendetta against Picard and company . And Lore ? I thought that dismantled him . You know ? A thought just occurred to me . The Soong that we see in Star Trek Picard. What if that was actually Lore the whole time?

Im trying to figure out Amanda Plummer's character and why she's on vendetta against Picard and company . And Lore ? I thought that dismantled him . You know ? A thought just occurred to me . The Soong that we see in Star Trek Picard. What if that was actually Lore the whole time?
I have no idea what's happening on the baddie side. Don't know those characters. But I'd understand if she was pissed at Riker, as he's a ladies man.

I will be interested to see how the villain, that appeared before Lore, survived the destruction of NCC 1701D

This week, the third and final season of "Star Trek: Picard" starts on Paramount Plus and marks the absolutely, positively final, last time that the "Next Generation" cast reunite on screen. Until the next time, at least.

While you'll have to read our review on the Season 3 opener, we can share much about what we already know ... and what we can expect over the next 10 weeks. The last two seasons have dipped their pinky into the Star Trek nostalgia pool just a little bit, but writer Terry Matalas and director Douglas Aarniokoski are, relatively speaking, taking a run up and doing a full-on cannonball this time around.

We know that we'll see the return of the bar Ten Forward from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and earlier episodes of "Picard." We know that we're getting a new USS Titan NCC 80102-A, plus a new Odyssey class USS Enterprise-F (introduced in the "Star Trek Online" game) and a new, updated Space Dock in Earth orbit, first introduced in "Star Trek: The Search for Spock."

I saw this third season was scheduled to start tonight, but I know absolutely nothing about it. I do question all this "final season" stuff. it smacks of desperation to gain viewers.
This week, the third and final season of "Star Trek: Picard" starts on Paramount Plus and marks the absolutely, positively final, last time that the "Next Generation" cast reunite on screen. Until the next time, at least.
Indeed, unless I see Picard die in multiple different alternative realities then I don't believe that at all. As long as any of the cast remain alive they will be appearing in some special or other. However, maybe not so many at the same time.

The first season was good. Last season was less good, and rather fanciful. So, this if this season continues the trend... but I'll watch it sometime in any case.

Reactions: ctg
Ever since Star Trek: Picard came to a final end with its third season, Patrick Stewart has been seemingly unwilling to say goodbye to a character that he’s spent the past few years saying goodbye to. And now, he might not have to: according to the good admiral himself, a Picard-focused movie is in the works.

“I heard only last night about a [movie] script that is being written, but written specifically with the actor, Patrick [Stewart], to play in it,” Stewart told Josh Horowitz on a newly released episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast this week. “And I’ve been told to expect to receive it within a week or so. I’m so excited because it sounds like the kind of project where the experimentation that I want to do will be essential for this kind of material. It’s good at 83…”

Trekmovie reports that Horowitz’s interview with Stewart took place in November 2023, while the actor was promoting his new memoir Making It So, so presumably Stewart has had a script for this unannounced project for a while. It’s also unclear if the movie is intended as a theatrical release—Paramount still insists that, at some point, it plans on making a new movie in the rebooted Star Trek “Kelvin” timeline—or if, like Michelle Yeoh’s upcoming Section 31 film, this could be a straight-to-streaming project for Paramount+.

But this is the first time the actor has explicitly said a project is in the works, instead of wishing for it.

Popular character , why not ? :cool:
Well, they already gave their goodbyes in the Picard finale. So, now we are getting another film for Picard, even though we pretty much know that he's retired and mostly wants to stay in his winery. Except, because he's connected to everything he gets pulled into the things. Some that are not very logical and only serve the fans.

All I want is to have a good ST film and if it's going to tie to the Picard series, clarifying things that were left in the air.