Star Trek: Picard - official trailer

reiver33

Only Forward
Supporter
Would a Borg feel safe? Or are we into Terminator-style emotional fakery to assist in infiltration? But if she is Picard's daughter from genetic material taken whilst in the Collective, do we have a canditate for mother?

Ensign Shah

Ship's Counsellor
Would a Borg feel safe? Or are we into Terminator-style emotional fakery to assist in infiltration? But if she is Picard's daughter from genetic material taken whilst in the Collective, do we have a canditate for mother?
In the trailer, it suggests that she doesn’t really know what she is. Perhaps she was created for destruction but that darn human element always gets in the way.

The Mother has got to be the Borg Queen.

thaddeus6th

Supporter
Interesting. I wasn't going to post this but there's been a lot of talk on it, so:

She's the origin of the Borg, I think. We know the Borg can move in four dimensions (see First Contact). That's my gut feeling. Could be akin to an expanded version of the Stargate SG-1 episode with the creator of the replicators.

Overread

Searching for a flower
This story would be set well after the destruction of the Borg by Janeway in Voyager's ending. So we have to assume that it wasn't as complete as she'd hoped. Then again we've seen loan borg ships survive for a long period of time isolated from the greater part of the collective, so its likely many cubes managed to avoid the total meltdown of their core powerbase and nexus.

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
For those attempting to work out what is going on, I got the impression that that trailer included clips from several different unconnected stories i.e. one about Data, one about the Borg, one about Vulcan Reunification, and I think the girl is from another (but the talk may be correct.)

thaddeus6th

Supporter
Interesting thought, Dave.

I think going full episodic (ie without any consistent main story) is unlikely, but they could have some episodes like that.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.

The Borg Queen in First Contact. At this point and until we know more , that would make the most sense given that that particular Borg Queen indicated that she was with him when he first became Locutus.:unsure:

Vladd67

Stake Holder
I would be very surprised if the old faces in the trailer aren’t just in the pilot episode, and once Picard sets off with his new crew of misfits, who redeem themselves as the series progresses, the old familiar faces are never seen again like McCoy in TNG pilot.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
WOW!! That looks like it could be very good. The technology looks interesting. Do you think that we'll get a glimpse of the Enterprise F?

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
Looks impressive. Could be great... but I hope it isn't all nostalgia mixed with some storyline about a powerful new girl, similar to the star wars sequel trilogy. I'm getting less and less influenced by trailers, with so many appearing better than the series/film.