Age of Wonders 3 FREE this weekend on steam

Blake00

My love of Heroes of Might & Magic, Civilization and Master of Magic was why I picked up a copy of Age of Wonders in 1999 and loved it, and then of course loved the even more amazing sequel AoW2 and Shadowmagic in the early 2000s. I still haven't tried the much newer AoW3 yet but it looks pretty bloody good plus they're now working on a scifi version with AoW Planetfall. Presumably to help promote their up and coming game they're now offering Age of Wonders 3 for FREE on steam, and AoW 1-2 for dirt cheap as well. Kind of annoyed that I've already previously bought AoW3 at full price, but oh well haha.

Franchise - Age of Wonders

Oh and before anyone asks, no they're not on sale on GoG sadly.

Just to add to this. I noticed a related news article on Steam mentioning that you can also get Torchlight for free as well, but it's on the Epic Games Store, a separate platform to Steam. It's quick to create an account on their website, no purchase needed. Apparently Epic gives away a different game each week. Next week is Limbo.

Yeah it's pretty surprising to see such a huge game from a small company out for free. Hopefully their strategy works and they create lots of new AoW fans who then spend on the addon packs, past games and of course the up and coming AoW Planetfall which looks very cool.

I think the only reason we even have an AoW3 is because Notch (of Minecraft fame) gave them a million dollars as he was a big Heroes of Might & Magic and Age of Wonders fan back in the day like us.

Back