• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Another Life - Netflix First Contact SF series

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Supporter
When a mysterious alien artifact lands on Earth, Commander Niko Breckinridge (Katee Sackhoff) has to lead humanity’s first interstellar mission to its planet of origin, while her husband (Justin Chatwin) tries to make first contact with the artifact back on earth. Another Life explores the miracle of life, how precious life is in a universe mostly empty of it, and the lengths we will go to protect the ones we love.
An Interstellar War Looms in the Latest Trailer for Katee Sackhoff’s Sci-Fi Series Another Life

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Supporter
The Walking Dead star Elizabeth Ludlow has already found her next role and it's coming to Netflix. Having moved on from her role as Arat on AMC's zombie show early in its ninth season, Ludlow quickly appeared in Godzilla: King of thee Monsters, now with her next role coming in Another Life. Ludlow shared the first trailer for Another Life on her social media channels on Tuesday.

"She's a young recruit from the streets," Ludlow tells ComicBook.com about her Another Life character Cas Isakovic. "A young woman of color who wants to do something better with her life. Katee Sackhoff takes me under her wing and we form this relationship and this bond. We go to space together and we have a whole other group of young kids that we take with us. I don't want to say too much, but it's definitely more action coming your way, for sure."
Netflix's Another Life Trailer Released With The Walking Dead's Elizabeth Ludlow

"It was a pretty intense shoot," Ludlow said of Another Life. "It was three months, 10 episodes, in Vancouver and it was block shooting, which can at times prove to be a little difficult. Overall, I think [Another Life and The Walking Dead] work pretty similar. I can't think of any major differences."

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Looks interesting but Netflix's offerings haven't really grabbed me for the most part. I hope this one does.

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Supporter
Looks interesting but Netflix's offerings haven't really grabbed me for the most part. I hope this one does.
I hope it's as good as the promises. I'd hate, if it were another generic first contact, they are evil bs. There has been too many of them and none of the other kind.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
First contact stories are a difficult sell to the masses if they aren't shooting at each other. The general public these days probably don't have the attention span to let the story unfold. Fingers crossed though.

Reactions: ctg

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Supporter
First contact stories are a difficult sell to the masses if they aren't shooting at each other. The general public these days probably don't have the attention span to let the story unfold. Fingers crossed though.
I got a first contact story in the finishing piece and it broke taboo, because while it is first contact, it's also accepting that they have always been here. That the humanity was watched and there was never an invasion in the plan.

All the first contact stories we have had in past ten years has been invasions. Even Garland's Annihilation was one of them.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Would you consider Arrival/The Story of Your Life an invasion first contact story?

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
I wish they weren't so rare. I'm getting more than a little tired of the CGI explosions every five minutes in films.