Formatting issues

reiver33

Only Forward
Supporter
I've noticed an issue on KDP in respect of the paperback back cover 'blurb'. Twice now its appeared on-line with the blank lines removed, as a single concatenated paragraph. It looks fine in preview, and in print, and the Kindle version is fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've noticed an issue on KDP in respect of the paperback back cover 'blurb'. Twice now its appeared on-line with the blank lines removed, as a single concatenated paragraph. It looks fine in preview, and in print, and the Kindle version is fine. Has anyone else experienced this?
I did. But if I add the blank lines in the KDP text box myself, I have no problems. Copy and pasting, and ending it there, I got the 'single paragraph' effect you're describing.

Nope, didn't work. The paperback back cover blurb is fine (and always was), it's just the website equivalent (paperback, Kindle entry is fine) is stubbornly resistant to formatting, seemingly taking the blank lines, saving, but removing them again when I take another look. I've just had to treat is as a single paragraph...

If you are talking about the product description in your author page....
I had a problem where I tried to put two line breaks in manually to leave a space between paragraphs: and an error generated causing the input to not be accepted.

However; selecting the tab for html and inserting two <br /><br /> into the spot resulted in successful result of pushing it down one for a new paragraph and another for the space needed.

That's in the author page of author central and the Product description. It can take 3-5 days before changes show up on the page.

Added thought::
There is definitely a problem with the whole process because--I forgot to mention--at least once it didn't appear to work; however after exiting the utility and rechecking a few other book's descriptions to be certain they had change, I went back and the changes were there. However there is a caution(I think in the error message-and maybe somewhere else)that cutting and pasting from certain editors can cause erratic error messages; however the error message I received was while typing in their interface, so not so much help.

Last edited:
Its the product description on the Amazon web page, but only for the paperback version. I'll maybe give it a go...