Experiment to search for mirror universe being set up

The Cat Who Walks Through Walls

The new experiment will fire a beam of neutrons at an impenetrable wall. On the other side of the wall, a neutron detector will be set up, which normally would expect to detect nothing. But if the detector does register the presence of neutrons, the theory is that they may have gone through the wall by “oscillating” into the mirror world – becoming mirror neutrons – and reappearing in this universe, and more specifically the lab in Tennessee.

What do we do if it transpires we’re actually the ‘dark’ universe?

Where is the laughing and simultaneously crying emoticon when you need it? :devilish:

There is a good scifi series called Counterpart which does this very well.

Where is the laughing and simultaneously crying emoticon when you need it?
If you add the tear from :cry: to the laughing face, :LOL:, you get an emoticon which shows someone laughing so much that they can't help dribbling.

I don't know about you, but I don't think that's a particularly good look.

Where is the laughing and simultaneously crying emoticon when you need it? :devilish:

There is a good scifi series called Counterpart which does this very well.
Just to be clear, they do the mirror universe thing well, not the cry/laugh thing...

I hope they're not using my money. But I do like the 'NASA Pics of the Month' part:
Check them out:

A coronal mass ejection as seen by the Chandra Observatory. This is the first time that Chandra has detected this phenomenon from a star other than the Sun

A SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket launches from NASA's Kennedy Space Centre in Florida

Star clusters Cepheus B (top-right section) and Cepheus C (mid-left) as captured by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope

An unexpected eruption by the Raikoke Volcano on the Kuril Islands as captured from the International Space Station

Jupiter as captured by NASA's Juno spacecraft

A SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket is seen shortly after launch

The Coma Galaxy Cluster as captured by NASA's Chandra Observatory, a telescope that captures x-ray emissions in space

Venus (bottom middle) is seen in the distance as the sun rises over earth as seen from the International Space Station

Aurora Australis as seen from the International Space Station

A galactic storm rages in the Teacup galaxy

File limit reached, rest to follow ...

Last edited:
Five more:

The galaxy Messier 59 as seen by the Hubble Telescope

A Russian Soyuz MS-11 space capsule carrying astronauts returning from the International Space Station lands in the steppes of south-east Kazakhstan

The galaxy NGC 7773 as captured by the Hubble Telescope

Tumultuous clouds in Jupiter's northern hemisphere

Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula as seen from space

Wonderful images ...

Last edited:
At last!
Finally I can return to my people, no longer will i need to masquerade amongst you puny humans and your inneficient morals about cannibalism
Not so fast! You can't just leave. Entry is free. But unfortunately there is an exit fee ...

Back