DISCUSSION THREAD, July 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Has anyone ever written a sequel on here month to month?
Hi, @Tywin! I had a story a few years ago in the noir genre, I think it was, that did okay in the voting...I received a few votes. The MC mentions a son, and he's important to the story, but he doesn't appear in the story. .
Next month, I wrote a tale about the boy, now a man, who hears his pop (from the previous story) has died; same names for both, if I recall. I thought the sequel idea, because it fit the new theme, was pretty neat. And it wasn't picked up, I am fairly sure, by anyone, which was fine, because I liked the second story, too.
I felt I couldn't mention in the second month's discussion thread that the new story was the sequel to my previous story, because we're not, according to the rules, allowed to explain our stories in any kind of detail. I kept hoping someone would say, "Hey, aren't these the guys from last month??" - I would have beamed - but if didn't happen.
So, I think it's okay to do this, in general (is that right, Mods?), though there's always the risk it may not be picked up/remembered by anyone not reading these posts. :) Maybe if you write it, and post it, don't mention the connection. I've taken Ambien tonight, and that's the best advice I can come up with. :) Good luck, CC

Hmm. It seems like my submission for last month was a Sci Fi story about the arts... Has anyone ever written a sequel on here month to month?
I did a whole 12 months worth of entries using the same two fantasy characters whatever the theme or genre.

The one month where we had historical fiction was an issue. Until someone can prove me wrong, I still maintain that the Dark Lord caused the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction event.

EDIT: votes were few and far between though :p

@Daysman .... Circles .... In the marriage of the arts and Science Fiction, Daysman reminds us that art, even secret art, always has unforeseen consequences.

@Pedro Del Mar .... Technological Freedom of Movement .... In the marriage of the arts and Science Fiction, Pedro brings us a sweet and hopeful story of wonders yet to come, which should come faster.

@Artoriarius .... Musical Theatre in the 53rd Century .... In the marriage of the arts and Science Fiction, Art gives us a snippet of the musical leaving us wondering who's the villain? and what does the next scene look like?

@Culhwch .... But Is It Art? ....
In the marriage of the arts and Science Fiction, Cul reminds us of a universal truth about any art that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

@Luiglin .... A Batty Soliloquy .... In the marriage of arts and Science Fiction, Luiglin let's us know that the author without any grounding in reality will not be a passing phenomena.

This was seriously a hard one. Especially for my style of writing but after days of thinking , I finally came up with one.

I will win this one. I was sooooo close after last month ....

The challenge has now been posted:

Here it is.

Please note that I define "the arts" very broadly, to include not only the visual arts, but the performance arts and the literary arts as well, in addition to any other creative endeavor which can reasonably be thought of as an art.

Some themes and genres I briefly considered, until sanity prevailed:

Deception
Film Noir

Perception
Giallo

Captivity
Sword and Sandal

This months challnege was definitely hard.

Ooof! seventy-five words is not much in which to encapsulate the future of art (and, at that, I missed out literature) but I've churned out something. A few word that didn't exist previously, but context should explain…

@dannymcg .... The haiku of the Crocodile Wizard. ..... In the marriage of arts and Science Fiction Danny laughs at the the 75 word limit and churns out a haiku paying homage, understandably, to a "Rocket Man." Who else in a S.F. story?

@Elanvitalseries .... The War Within .... In the marriage of arts and Science Fiction Elan creates a Fantasy world of art inside a true S.F. story that left me with a catch in my throat.

@chrispenycate .... Necropolis Artsteroid ....
In the marriage of arts and Science Fiction Chris brings to mind that art can be a memorial.

@chrispenycate .... Necropolis Artsteroid .... In the marriage of arts and Science Fiction Chris brings to mind that art can be a memorial.
Thank you for the review, Parson - but parsonally I view Science Fiction as at least one artform, probably several:D.

My mind is sitting at a desk looking out the window.

I thought this would be easy for me.

I have a few ideas that don't go anywhere. I just need to relax, and try not to think to hard.

Hmm. Is that the muse, I smell? Nope. Just the eggs over easy with turkey bacon and buttered toast, I prepared.

Hmm. Is that the muse, I smell? Nope. Just the eggs over easy with turkey bacon and buttered toast, I prepared

is that you or your mind preparing your meal? you really should be getting your muse to do this.

if you do see your muse can you ask them if they have seen mine?

@Mr Orange & @nixie - I'm just lost right now. Nothing, zip ziltch, zero........

Yet, I'm an illustrator, a percussion musician, I sing (rock & blues preferred), I can scribble-out a tale or two for a challenge, and maybe publish something or cut a CD, or illustrate graphic novels, one day.

.....home cooked food sometimes works for brain fuel. Or taking a break and watching a movie.

"This is, Earth Base Shemp H-!77-9771. Muse, you got you're ears on? Muse, can you hear me? This is Earth Base Shemp. Officer Muse? Muse Squadron, do you read? Can anyone read this message?.......................................................................

..................................."

I need more time. Sometimes I get an idea at work. Good luck to you @Mr Orange & @nixie

Our Muse Creatures are probably wondering around in the forest, or sleeping. Maybe watching classic comedy on Youtube. I dunno.