DISCUSSION THREAD, July 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
The challenge has now been posted:

Here it is.

Please note that I define "the arts" very broadly, to include not only the visual arts, but the performance arts and the literary arts as well, in addition to any other creative endeavor which can reasonably be thought of as an art.

Some themes and genres I briefly considered, until sanity prevailed:

Deception
Film Noir

Perception
Giallo

Captivity
Sword and Sandal

Suddenly I feel like I've been given a lifeline I didn't know I needed! You were flirting with infamy with those possible choices!

But the one you chose is very interesting. My first thought went to Orson Scott Card and his too little appreciated "SongMaster."

The challenge has now been posted:

Here it is.

Please note that I define "the arts" very broadly, to include not only the visual arts, but the performance arts and the literary arts as well, in addition to any other creative endeavor which can reasonably be thought of as an art.

Some themes and genres I briefly considered, until sanity prevailed:

Deception
Film Noir

Perception
Giallo

Captivity
Sword and Sandal

I'm disappointed, I could have spent hours researching what those were and writing something that didn't match any of them. Going to have to do something weird - I won't add in 'and wonderful' - with The Arts.

Really nice theme, Victoria. It was kind of nice to have Science Fiction alone (not paired with Fantasy). Really focused me. I'm in, and I hope everyone has fun writing their entry this month, CC

Well, they're not challenges for nothing, though what you ultimately chose should be easier than some of those others you listed. At least you didn't go with noir...I never did like noir.

"Hmmm..........Awesome choice Lady Victoria. Infinite possibilities for tales.

My I call you, Silver? Or how about? (Jerry Lewis) Wolf LAAAAADY!
Bit much. How about, Vicky Woof Woof.
No?
Hmmm........I got it. (Jerry again) LAAAADY!"

BTW, GIALLO. Excellent! Perhaps, next time. :cool:

Last edited:
Life has gotten a bit crazy. It has calmed down enough I can come back to what I like doing. So to quote a song, "Here I come again...."

Life has gotten a bit crazy. It has calmed down enough I can come back to what I like doing. So to quote a song, "Here I come again...."
Yeah. Me too bro. When I returned, I thought, "I'm Back In Black."

BTW, when I heard AC/DC in Iron Man 2. For me, a great film. "I want my bird."

@Cat's Cradle .... Meadow Flowers in Primary Tones, Manhattan 2011 .... In the marriage of the Arts and Science Fiction; The Cat gives us a far future art form I've never thought about.

@Marvin .... Priceless/Worthless .... In the marriage of the Arts and Science Fiction; Marvin brings us to an auction of the latest must have work. Or is it the late must have work?

@Cathbad .... Blood On My Hands .... In the marriage of the Arts and Science Fiction; Cathbad brings drama to a bridge too far.

@MikeAnderson .... A Rocker's Worth More Undead Than Alive .... In the marriage of the Arts and Science Fiction; Mike brings us golden oldies with a groan inducing twist.

@Ashleyne .... THE FORGOTTEN SCREAM .... In the marriage of the arts and Science Fiction; Ash reminds us the thievery of the one time great does not make you great at this time.

Well, they're not challenges for nothing, though what you ultimately chose should be easier than some of those others you listed. At least you didn't go with noir...I never did like noir.

It's tough for me, but I like it. I did one a while back. It was about a detective that falls into a trap.

@elvet .... The Secret Garden .... In the marriage of the arts and Science Fiction; Elvet directs our attention to the oldest and some would say the most lovely of them in a most unlikely place.

Hmm. It seems like my submission for last month was a Sci Fi story about the arts... Has anyone ever written a sequel on here month to month?

That would be cool. If you enjoyed writing your previous story, why not continue it. Your sequel would give us something to talk about. :coffee:

Advice needed..

Does anybody think 'martial arts' would meet the criteria for this challenge

I always take things literally. so "the arts" covers martial arts for me. but, as Chrispy said, each voter makes up their own mind.

I was considering using T Hearts somehow as the theme this month, but thought that might be taking things a bit far. mind you, if I do go for one of my ideas, you'll see how far i'm willing to stretch the theme :whistle::whistle: