DISCUSSION THREAD, July 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

There's a lounge? I mean, obviously there's a hellmouth, but a lounge???
Of course there's a lounge. We are civilised here, after all*. It's necessary, every so often, to take time out, and refresh with tea and a slice of cake before going back out to face the hellspawn; or blast off into outer space if you choose the other door**.

* Kind of. Maybe.
** Please do not use the third exit: that takes you to the hellspawn in space -- messy; and (apparently) no one can hear you scream there.

I think that may be the closest I've ever cut it. I had to wait until I was off work at 5:30 to start on it. Whew.

Slow day for votes, there’s usually a flurry on the first morning:unsure:

Anywho, my vote is going to Johnnyjet this month, with CC heel-nipping in 2nd.

There's a lounge? I mean, obviously there's a hellmouth, but a lounge???
Hellmouth ? Its closed, demons are scared of me.

The lounge, a nice gentle place to have a tea and cake, quite safe, Wally hasn't tried to eat anyone for at least a week, I haven't destroyed anything for ages. Drop into the cracked pot.

Thanks for the vote @Ian Fortytwo

There's a very sad irony. It should be no secret that my 75 entry this month is a homage to one of the best in movie history and my all time fave.

Now, I've just read that the actor and creator of that verbal gem has passed away.

RIP Rutger Hauer.

There's a very sad irony. It should be no secret that my 75 entry this month is a homage to one of the best in movie history and my all time fave.

Now, I've just read that the actor and creator of that verbal gem has passed away.

RIP Rutger Hauer.

I echo this.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..." My favourite part of my favourite film. RIP

Parson takes a good, hard look at some of the more extreme trends in modern culture in this wryly satiric tale.

Hugh dreams of a unique form of technology which crosses the line between reality and fantasy.

Perpetual Man imagines a beginning that demonstrates how complexity comes from simplicity.

Dr_R_Dizzle portrays a character who overcomes tremendous limitations to find a form of victory.

Garfunkel mourns for the way in which the mundane sins out over the profound.

Ursa major uses wordplay to paint a plausible portrait of tomorrow's celebrities.

The Judge pays tribute to a pair of maestros in poetic form.

TheDustyZebra presents evidence that solitude can be the school of genius.

__________________________________________________________________________________

SHORT LIST:

Cat's Cradle
Cathbad
elvet
Pedro Del Mar
LittleStar
johnnyjet
Hugh
Dr_R_Dizzle

VOTE:

The Judge

Last edited:
@Ursa major .... The Gents: Rocking the World for Ninety Years .... In the marriage of the arts to Science Fiction Ursa resorts to a musical pun that makes AI's everywhere wish they hadn't known about it.

@The Judge .... Let AI – and G&S – Entertain You .... In the marriage of the arts to Science Fiction Her Honor shows A.I. at it's most human; vain beyond belief.

@TheDustyZebra .... The Stars Before Us .... In the marriage of the arts to Science Fiction TDZ looks into the future and shows that in time to come great art will still be recognizably great.

-----
I'm writing this looking at at the harbor of Juneau Alaska. We had a great day today whale watching. When I get home with decent internet I'll share a shot or two. If this connection doesn't fail .... and it's been shakey! .... I'm going to try to vote now that I have a few minutes.

------

Short List:

@elvet ... The Secret Garden. --- because it was such a sweet story. >>>> Voted for this!
@Pedro Del Mar .... Technological Freedom of movement --- because of the great hope it brings.
@J.C. Scoberg .... In Space no one can hear you sketch --- because of it its wry humor.