Cage of Souls

althea

If I won't be myself,who will be?
I am reading Cage of Souls at the moment. I bought it because it's by Adrian Tchaikovsky and had a good review by Arthur C. Clarke.
It is pretty grim,I suppose you could call it a "dystopian future" story. The hero of the story is in a prison- the Cage of Souls,from which no one ever returns.
Not knowing how he survives the prison is what is keeping me reading. I want to know what happens. The characterisation is really good,as with AT's other books.
He has a way of hooking me into a story and not letting me go.
If you are in the mood for a gritty, savage yarn with plenty of little twists,this may be the book for you.

althea

If I won't be myself,who will be?
I have finished Cage of Souls and I have to say that I got a bit bored towards the end. I could see how it was going to turn out and feel it went on a little too long.I'm sorry to have to admit that because there are many places in the book when I was on tenterhooks wondering what would happen next.Basically,it is a very good story,a good plot with well written characters and many original ideas.
The ending is a bit of an anti climax,just my opinion,of course.
I'm going to read an old Terry Pratchett now for some light relief.:)

dannymcg

"Hello Adventurer"
I'm glad you followed up your first post with that caveat.
I'd read your first message, thought "that sounds ok" and bookmarked a link to get it this weekend.

I don't think I'll bother now....I would have been giving it "but, but it's gone crap! She said it was good, why would she do that?"