SF (actual) dreams and nightmares

I woke up very early today (dawn breaking) and shook my head at the dream.

A man with a clipboard turned up from the local council and insisted I had to have a tree in my front garden.
This was because my house was the only one without a tree, I looked up and down the street and they all had large trees!

The back of his van opened and a number of very brightly dressed workmen carried a tree out (it was much bigger than the van)

They began digging a circular hole in my garden but they were also dancing - at this point I realised they were Showaddywaddy
b0e24cb885814789a313ef9ea605d7c2.jpg

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that back when my then girlfriend/fiancée (now spouse) and I lived in NYC, we lived for a year in Brooklyn. That's pure fantasy (horror?) for me, because back then we were totally Manhattan creatures and we would *never* have considered moving to Brooklyn.

A man with a clipboard turned up from the local council and insisted I had to have a tree in my front garden.
This was because my house was the only one without a tree, I looked up and down the street and they all had large trees!

The back of his van opened and a number of very brightly dressed workmen carried a tree out (it was much bigger than the van)

They began digging a circular hole in my garden but they were also dancing - at this point I realised they were Showaddywaddy
View attachment 65182

Worrying that in some parallel universe that is probably a documentary :)

View attachment 65182
Unusual to see Wolverine and Bananaman in the same pic.

Not sure it's 100% science fiction, but I once had a dream in which I could travel through outer space and to different planets by flying; no suit was needed because there was breathable air everywhere and it was lukewarm. The planets were basically giant plastic spheres without inhabitants of any kind. I'd imagine that it would get boring after a while if it were real.

Back