Agents of SHIELD 6:05, The Other Thing

L.L.Lotte

The Anime King
After this episode im convinced that my theory about Sarge and team is correct, but he isnt from an alternative dimension like i previousy thought. But he isnt the bad guy, just a bit ruthless.

The Chronicoms are also fighting the bat creatures but are being annoyingly difficult.

The entire episode to me was frustrating. Why cant all three groups just talk it out and work together? They all want the same thing, they are just working different angles that will ultimately lead them towards the same goal... This is all forced drama for the sake of prolonging the story.

I feel though that the next episode things might start to work towards an alliance. It better...

Something Thaddeus said in the 6.04 thread gave me a light bulb moment. My mind is blown by this theory. I couldn't say anything in previous post because episode 5 spoilers. The joys of being 1-2 episode ahead... I think the Chronicom's home world being destroyed by the creatures would be considered an extinction level event, especially considering the creatures are now going around destroying even more worlds.

So Not-Coulson isn't NOT Coulson, he IS Coulson, just a version of him from the past. Thaddeus is right to suspect a link to the Chronicoms. Now that they are part of the problem, and working towards going back in time to fix things. I believe that Fitz is going to figure out the time travel system and this will be a part of the result, a Coulson from the past alive in the now. This is the Coulson before he died and was brought back to life prior to the start of the first season. prior to him forming the Avengers, prior to SHIELD. This is a what would become of Phil Coulson had he been diverted from his original path and not done anything of the previous 5 seasons and movies.

There is one problem with this theory of mine, although it could be explained through sabotage/deception, but if he is a time-traveled version of Phil Coulson, then the device they use to detect the bat creatures would be triggering whenever he was present. This could also be explained away by saying that either, he is supposed to be here because they went back and changed the past, or because they are all triggering it anyway because none of the team are supposed to be there; they are after all jumping through dimensional gates between worlds...

When Coulson was brought back to life after Avengers, prior to season 1, he wasn't just brought back to life but was a clone, which would actually make him Not-Coulson, and the real Coulson is the one in the show now, who has been roaming the galaxy doing what he does all this time. The last 5 seasons of Coulson would then have been an imposter -- popular theory is that he was a Skrull -- It might be no coincidence that he is a part of the Captain Marvel movie, which directly deals with the Skrull.

I really hope it is not the popular theory, because that would be a brutal character assassination of the Phil Coulson we all know and love...

Last edited:
Sarge isn't shield's Coulson but maybe the original.

We have two timelines, earth was destroyed Enoch sent the team apart from Fitz to the future too fix it. They did but brought back Deke who is out of time, a cuckoo in the nest . Then Fitz was killed in the altered timeline but alive in suspended animation in the original. Simmons and Daisy assembled a crew to find him. His extended sleep was disrupted, chronicoms are hunting him, now he is the solution to time travel and hopefully save the chronicoms world.

Sarge tries to recruit May to help in the war against the bat creatures who turn into crystallised spikes and destroy worlds, would probably have a better chance with an inhuman, easier to contain, May is a one woman army.
Why on earth didn't she arrange a meeting with shield, they want the same thing.

I'm confused :rolleyes:

Not clicking the spoilers yet but I'll see about coming back in a few episodes to read them.

Nixie, yeah, that does seem a bit weird. Interesting thought on Coulson.

I was 100% wrong on the bat-things, though.

Ok, so I get Jemma's plan. Somehow, I don't see the Chronicoms' plan working out for them. I mean, if it's FitzSimmons v the Chronicoms, I know who my money is on. :)

I still can't work out the Sarge/Coulson relationship. There's a bit that I saw in the season 6 trailer where Daisy is arguing with May which now makes a lot more sense. My take from the flashback sequences in this episode between May and Coulson in Tahiti, is either Sarge is Coulson (albeit without Coulson's memories for some reason) or May believes that he is.

At least we have some clarity on the bats, if not who employs them.

In the Marvel Universe the big world-guzzling entity is Galactus. So, if the Shrike's employer turns out to be Galactus, in some shape or form, I would not be surprised.

The big question is: who employs Sarge to battle the Shrike and why is he so determined to do it? And why is he so under-resourced? Answers, no doubt to arrive later this season (hopefully).

Remember Coulson's episodes of alien writings with no sense for anybody else ? Could this be the proof he and Sarge are linked somehow ? I don't like the idea of a clone, so I'm more for the idea of an alternate universe. Sarge could be just the resulf of a life whithout the Shield.

He was damn young and newbie in Marvel Universe.