5.02: Fear The Walking Dead - The Hurt That Will Happen

ctg

weaver of the unseen
jb9UPE4.jpg

Daniel and Strand

Morgan and Alicia meet a survivor and learn of a grave new walker threat. Meanwhile, the mission is put to the test when one of their own goes missing. Elsewhere, Strand makes contact.

AMC has again stopped sharing images and you'll have to scour the net for them.

I hope the writers know where they’re going this season, because I don’t.
Last week, we got an explicable fixation on air transportation (are those mountains they keep referencing without highways?), a mysterious group decking the area with walker heads (lip-readers, what are these deadheads saying?), radiation warning signs, an armor-wearing walker, runaway waifs, a kidnapped Al and a hostile takeover of the Fear Gang’s new sanctuary.
This week, the radiation warning was explained, but we got a new character, Grace, who is dedicated to rounding up her former employees turned radioactive walkers.

ftwdbubblicious.jpg

No need to look for radiation-measuring necklaces on necks of the former nuclear power plant employees.
Their bubblicious faces are enough to pick them out.

This week, we also got the reintroduction of Daniel (loved his trip-and-skewer anti-walker set-up), who seems to be doing well on his own and absolutely will not lend the face-shooting Strand another airplane to crash. Good for Daniel! I’ve never found Strand to be a sympathetic character.

At some point, a series attempts to tell more tales than it has time to adequately tell – a GOT-style overload. FTWD appears to be stumbling toward that point.

ftwddontmess.jpg

Thank goodness for the saving humor of Morgan’s “Don’t Mess with Texas” T-shirt.
Plus, I would really love to see Luciana rock out on the accordion.

Reactions: ctg
Thank you. Viv had a stroke so I feel powerless to do a whole review. I don't even want to go to AnE, so the paramedics took her and they'll call me back.

At some point, a series attempts to tell more tales than it has time to adequately tell – a GOT-style overload. FTWD appears to be stumbling toward that point.
Well, it is only the second episode so plenty of time to resolve those questions. The question of the radiation hazard signs has been resolved very quickly. Also, I'd be happy if some questions were left over into the next season. There is no need to neatly resolve everything before the end of each season. And it is hardly GoT, really!

How did Daniel amass such an arsenal and pool of vehicles on his own? He did say he "inherited" it, I think. Do you think that is where Al got the SWAT vehicle from? We have a lot of missing time in this series between seasons 3 and 4 where much happened.

Well, it is only the second episode so plenty of time to resolve those questions. The question of the radiation hazard signs has been resolved very quickly. Also, I'd be happy if some questions were left over into the next season. There is no need to neatly resolve everything before the end of each season. And it is hardly GoT, really!
Not yet. How about we have the writers end a storyline for each one they start? ;)

I had a problem with sound, tinny and distorted thought TV was on blink but all other channels are fine:(

We now know that radiation doesn't kill the dead, Grace has set herself some mission to dispose of any who are contaminated.

Do you think it's the g-suits who are hanging the heads of the walkers?
They must have known there was someone in truck stop, looks like it is more of a scare tactic than an actual threat.

I'm not surprised Daniel refused to give Strand the plane, the question is will he take the plane and go help them.

Daniel has done well for himself, he also looked upset when he heard about Madison.

Keep us updated.

They asked the DNR question. They don't want to move her to ICU, because they think she's dying. I've smoked a few spliffs to cope with the PTSDs. The hardest part is the informing. So I posted the stuff on FB and I asked family and friends to wage in the DNR question. I don't have strength to do the telephone round. But I'm still writing, so I know I'm truly one, and a published author as well, even if I'm an indie.

My only concern is to get back into work as I've devoted so much time in the writing and on her care. If she dies, I'm going to be on my own, and hopefully I can secure a job as a writer. A couple of days LinkedIn agents were still headhunting me for a medical writer role. I think I will answer them and ask if it's still open, but I'm not sure if the medical side is the right place.

I will continue posting and stuff. So I will keep you guys informed, even if it's offtopic.

Sunday’s Fear the Walking Dead 502, “The Hurt That Will Happen,” introduced newest series regular Grace (Karen David), a reactor worker with an expiration date tasked with taking out irradiated walkers.

“We wanted to show how difficult it was for our people to help out in the world, and Grace was someone that we thought of as a particular challenge for Morgan and Alicia and everyone else,” co-showrunner Ian Goldberg told EW.

“At the end of episode 501 at that scene outside the truck stop, Morgan says, ‘It should be hard. That’s how we know we’re on the right track.’ Here in 502 we meet Grace, who we find out over the course of the episode is hunting down and killing the people who died as a result of the plant, the nuclear plant melting down, that she feels responsible for causing.”

The melt down of a nearby pressurized water reactor left already dangerous walkers infected with contaminated particles, and Grace, a one-woman clean up crew, identifies the irradiated walkers through the use of dosimeters.

It’s dangerous work — survivors who kill the marked walkers risk exposing themselves to radiation — and Grace, already exposed to soon-to-be lethal doses of it, turns down an offer to join newfound allies Morgan (Lennie James) and Alycia (Alicia Debnam-Carey) because she’s needed elsewhere.

“She’s someone who suffered exposure herself and feels that she doesn’t have much time left. With the time she does have left, she thinks the only thing she can do to make up for her actions is to find and essentially take care of the people she cared about that she couldn’t help when they were alive,” Goldberg said of Grace’s colleagues, a number that originally totaled 63.

“This is a huge challenge for Morgan and Alicia. How do you help someone like that who is at such a low point? That’s going to be the challenge before Morgan and Alicia going forward. But also, is there any light at the end of the tunnel for Grace, or is this all there is for her?”

The concept of radioactive walkers proving harder-to-kill than standard walkers, already easily dispatched by the proficient group of survivors, is one the showrunners originally intended to tackle in Season 4.

“We just really didn’t have the room for it, so it’s something we kind of had in our back pocket that we were very excited about, and just having walkers that weren’t as easy to kill,” added co-showrunner Andrew Chambliss.

“Most of our characters are pretty proficient at killing walkers now, and the fact that there are now walkers out there that you can’t kill in the regular way because if you get their blood on them you could potentially be exposed to contaminated particles, was something that got us really excited.
Fear the Walking Dead: Who Is Grace?

They asked the DNR question. They don't want to move her to ICU, because they think she's dying. I've smoked a few spliffs to cope with the PTSDs. The hardest part is the informing. So I posted the stuff on FB and I asked family and friends to wage in the DNR question. I don't have strength to do the telephone round. But I'm still writing, so I know I'm truly one, and a published author as well, even if I'm an indie.

My only concern is to get back into work as I've devoted so much time in the writing and on her care. If she dies, I'm going to be on my own, and hopefully I can secure a job as a writer. A couple of days LinkedIn agents were still headhunting me for a medical writer role. I think I will answer them and ask if it's still open, but I'm not sure if the medical side is the right place.

I will continue posting and stuff. So I will keep you guys informed, even if it's offtopic.
Don't worry about going off topic, if you need to talk you're welcome to message me .

I loved Daniel giving no room for Victor's bullsh** and he was offended to the cat as well. It made me smile, but it's not like Daniel wants him dead, because he had to the chance. He could even have pulled the trigged and Victor would have known nothing.

Daniel really said that he inherited the collections of cars and all other stuff. But knowing him, he might have scavenged those supplies all on his own. He is a kind of man that doesn't eff about with the small details. All those laws that might have governed him at some point are long gone. He is an independent achiever, and fiercely intelligent.

To Strand he's the worst person to negotiate. He said that the plane is for Victor and for Victor alone, but then again he doesn't know that Strand has changed. He didn't believe Victor's story as all he could think that Strand is the old Strand and there is nothing he is worth.

So why not to put a bullet in Victor?

ZfwWqLc.jpg

Alicia and Morgan are definitely having issues, maybe because she's a warrior princess and Morgan more like warrior monk. If she really becoming after her mum then I suspect Morgan and others are going hard time to have her in a leach.

It is however good that not all decision lie on Morgan's shoulder. He relied on Rick for a long time, and now Alicia kind of forces him to be on his toes. It's strange that they found the fully kitted pick up at the road block.

Gracie said that she was from the nuclear complex that gone meltdown. She wanted to decontaminate Morgan, but the whole setup was very unlike the normal setup. We have no idea how long she has been on the cleaning job, but it's clear that she wasn't there when it went up.

It is strange that the Dead doesn't die from the radiation, when everything else does. Even the robots have hard time on coping with the hard radiation sources.

Viv passed away this afternoon. I'm incredibly sad, but I've decided to continue my life as a writer and not forget this past time. I've put a patreon page, that you can find from my signature. I hope you'll support me as Nixie already have. It would mean a great deal for me.

Viv passed away this afternoon. I'm incredibly sad, but I've decided to continue my life as a writer and not forget this past time. I've put a patreon page, that you can find from my signature. I hope you'll support me as Nixie already have. It would mean a great deal for me.
Really sorry for your loss, thinking of you.

I am very sad for you. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

Reactions: ctg