Help me find chained naked princess

heXonyou

So here is as much as I can remember, I read it around the mid 90’s, possibly paperback not sure. Plot line as much as I can remember there is a “king” and various ruling factions across space, the main story centers around a warlord? One of the main parts of the plot line I remember (haha this is dirty) is he captures an enemy princess, and holds her chained and naked in his quarters for weeks but never mistreats her and takes care of her.

There’s way more to it then that...it’s just what sticks out the most at the moment.

At one point he has to drop down to a snow covered planet and trek across it and use special blinders for the sun glare off the snow.

And I believe he starts or becomes part of a plot to overthrow the current king of the empire

It’s vague I know but it’s all I can remember right now.

Thanks if you can help me

he captures an enemy princess, and holds her chained and naked in his quarters
Sounds like something from one of the Gor series by John Norman, but since something like that happens in most of the books I couldn't say which particular one :(

Sounds like something from one of the Gor series by John Norman, but since something like that happens in most of the books I couldn't say which particular one :(
Hmm, thank you but after a brief overview of his works I don’t think it was John Norman, the above outline was really a smaller subplot to the whole story, it’s just what stuck out most in my mind after so many years

From my memory of Gor, it doesn't fit, the Princess would have definitely been mistreated.
I think I've read this, will have to think about it and see if I can remember it.

Was the expression "The Inner Marches" used at all in this story, do you remember?
(In reference to a section of an empire)

Was the expression "The Inner Marches" used at all in this story, do you remember?
(In reference to a section of an empire)
I don’t remember that, but it seemed the majority of the story in this one was in space on ships etc with occasional visits to planets