MCU Phase 4

Judging from the lack of dedicated threads for Phase 4’s films and TV shows, I’m guessing Chronners are not as interested in the whole MCU thing as a decade or so ago.
In which case, let’s just have this thread continuing for the next few years, all the way to “Secret Wars” which is due in late 2025.

Please can the title of the thread be altered to add Phases 5 and 6, plus maybe titling it “The Multiverse Saga”

Please can the title of the thread be altered to add Phases 5 and 6, plus maybe titling it “The Multiverse Saga”
Might be better to start a new thread on that, so we still have something dedicated on Phase 4 and have something else dedicated to phases after. :)

I just watched a YouTube video in which a theory is postulated as to why the new heroes of Phase 4 didn’t really connect with viewers beyond the central MCU fanbase - according to the theory, we weren’t clearly given their origin stories or where their powers came from (which seems to be the problem for disappointed viewers) and later on it’s going to turn out that a future version of Kang The Conqueror (this part is in the comics, I forget which ones Erik Voss specified in the video) goes back to when all the Avengers were babies and erases their whole existence from the timeline, trapping them in another place (which according to the theory is going to be the Battleworld of Secret Wars, hence the heroes will be back then) but the new Phase 4 heroes (or their rings and bangles) have such vague origins that he can’t do the same with them, and thus they become the Avengers lineup for the next Avengers film.

There might be exceptions, of course, but generally this theory works for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Coragem Book Discussion 5
Harpo Marvel Universe 7
sknox Writing Discussion 26
Rodders Alastair Reynolds 9
HareBrain Writing Resources 10