(Found) Immortal man, devil child, golden eyes (trying to find novel I once read)

jem_8534

The novel is about a man who is found on a future ruined earth. The residents who still live there refer to him as a devil child I think, and he has golden irises. The people who discover him are on a mission to inspect the earth or something, and decide to educate him and remove him from earth. I can't remember if they know it from the start or not, but he is figured out to be immortal. He learns many things in his life, eventually trying to use his long life as an advantage in the returning of earth to its former habitability.

Hi,

It only half fits but "This Immortal" by Zelazny?

He is an immortal on a post apocalyptic Earth protecting the wolrd from blue aliens - sort of. But instead of golden eyes he has a scarred face and a limp. He may also be an ancient Greek God.

Cheers, Greg.

Pretty confident you're looking for L.E. Modesitt's "The Forever Hero" . It comprises 3 books titled "Dawn for a Distant Earth", "The Silent Warrior" and "In Endless Twilight". It's strange but I just started reading it again a few days ago.

YEEEESSSS!!! The Forever Hero is it! Thank you so much!! Been a long time since I read this, and I wanted to go back and give it another read. I just couldn't remember what it was.