DISCUSSION THREAD, June 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Migraine this afternoon, first time in years... led me to rewrite from scratch this evening - the result's okayish...

Anyhow, thought I'd mention the location really exists, central Birmingham, came up in local news last night as no one can agree how it got its name.

And... have a good evening.

@Peter V .... There’s a Kind of Hush .... writes us a story which gives a glimpse of the future and blast from the past.

@Daysman .... The bodies in needless alley .... writes us a story which reminds me of Watson.

And I'm in as well. I'm all jacked up about this story.

Peter V: This ironic comedy of retribution shows us that revenge is a dish best served with tongue firmly in cheek.

Daysman: The use of multiple high-tech details makes the viewpoint character of this dense science fiction story seem very real.

Parson: This allegory of the Haves and the Have Nots reveals that there is more than one way to lessen economic inequality, so the Haves better watch out.

@MikeAnderson .... Banshee .... writes us a story that makes you question whether it's good to be successful or not.

This theme was the toughest so far for me, since it is not a genre I frequent. In the end, I relied on the iconic cityscape for inspiration.

I've been reading through the entries so far and I'm impressed. Some cracking stuff in there already. Thank you for not making me regret my choices!
It's a great genre & theme but definitely a challenge.

Unfortunately I needed more words because the nature of my protagonists response can be viewed two ways and I can only hope people understand it the way it is in my head. My daughter did not immediately see what I was doing and that worries me. As pointing it out in here is breaking the rules, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

:unsure:

That was tough...not sure what is going on in my head but I was supposed to be writing about a dystopian future, discovery of an old dr who episode that they thought was a news reel.

@Starbeast .... Not a Peep .... writes us a story that reminds us that with people you never know.

@elvet .... PAID ATTENTION .... writes us a story that shows us that ads will always find a way. Unfortunately.

@nixie .... Saviour or Destroyer ? .... writes us a story that forces us to answer her question, and it's not easy.

I'm in. Most difficult one for a while. Had my idea floating round in my head for a day or two but struggled getting it down.

That was tough...not sure what is going on in my head but I was supposed to be writing about a dystopian future, discovery of an old dr who episode that they thought was a news reel.
I started with a completely different spin, and the story took off on its own. I kept trying to prune it back like an unruly plant, but I finally gave in. Huh, a sentient tale..........topic for another day?

MikeAnderson: In this violent high-tech thriller we learn the danger inherent in uncontrolled technology.

Starbeast: The irony inherent in this comedy of the future reminds us that some things never change in human relationships.

elvet: The irresistible power of marketing over the lives of consumers is aptly conveyed in this all-too-convincing portrait of tomorrow.

nixie: This dark tale of desperate measures shows how sometimes all our choices are bad ones.

Pedro Del Mar: With dazzling imagination, the author shows the reader how far some people will go to achieve their goals.

chrispenycate: The disconcerting way in which an unknowable future is portrayed in an impressionistic fashion brings this mordant tale's setting to life.

@Pedro Del Mar .... Proof .... Tells us a story that calls to mind the proverb, "be sure your sin will find you out."

@chrispenycate .... Turnoff ....
Tells us a story that puts the wonders of creation front and center.

@Ivy Moser .... Nostalgia Hacked .... Tells us a story that makes me smile and think "Everyone thinks they're a comedian."

Back