DISCUSSION THREAD, June 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Very interesting, Shyrka! I always find cyberpunk to be a challenge, which is, of course, appropriate. Looking forward to thinking my way through a story for this, CC

Cathbad: In this intense and suspenseful tale of a character driven to desperate measures, the author powerfully conveys the way in which violence turns upon those who make use of it.

Garfunkel: The way in which this deceptively quiet story evolves from an ordinary conversation into a dramatic confrontation strengthens the impact of its ironic conclusion.

I'm annoyed that I knew the theme and genre waaaay in advance of you all and yet between you you've posted eight entries while I've still got squat. How is that fair??

I'm annoyed that I knew the theme and genre waaaay in advance of you all and yet between you you've posted eight entries while I've still got squat. How is that fair??

That's the winner's curse. The hardest story to write is the one where you set the parameters!

In fact, I don't think we've ever had a back-to-back winner. The Keeper of the Stats, @The Judge, might be able to confirm that.

dannymcg: This gruesome thriller peers deep into the darkest aspects of human evil.

Ian Fortytwo: Through the dispassionate voice of an historian, the author creates a subtly satiric look at the disadvantages of technology.

Marvin: With sly wit, this futuristic fable demonstrates how bad art drives out good.

Culhwch: This tense tale of secretive manipulation offers a touch of hope for rebellion against oppression.

Luiglin: With vivid imagery, the author creates a world where even a trace of ordinary relief is difficult to obtain.

Thank you, Victoria!

I hope there's at least a hint of cyberpunk there.

After 3 days spent helping my wife chase all 5 granddaughters. I find myself (not surprisingly) more than a bit behind in my "reviews."

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Boy Meets Girl .... Victoria writes us a story which feels immanently possible. Chillingly so.

@Cathbad .... QUIET!! .... Cathbad writes us a story about a place I don't want to visit because something crazy is about to happen.

@Garfunkel .... Splash, Splish .... Garfunkel writes us a story about something that's stone cold.

@Ashleyne .... BEYOND REALITY .... Ashleyne writes us a story where the cure may be worse than the disease.

@AndroidRebellion ,,,, Untitled .... AndroidRebellion writes us a story where paybacks are (you know).

@dannymcg .... Words don’t come easy .... Dannymcg writes us a story which really goes to the dark seamy side of life.

@Ian Fortytwo .... Hullabaloo in the Future .... Ian Fortytwo writes us a story about a future that you might want to avoid.

@Marvin .... Thank you for the music .... Marvin writes us a story which makes us yearn for sounds of silence.

@Culhwch .... White Noise .... Culhwch writes us a story which helps us to remember to listen in the opposite direction.

@Luiglin .... Hooked .... Luiglin writes us a story which brings us face to face with the root of many an addiction.

@Cat's Cradle .... Underground I'm Charming .... Cat's Cradle writes us a story only a bibliophile would understand.

@scarpelius .... Client acquisition .... Scarpelius writes us a story that gives us pause as we enter into a digital future.

Well I must say, this was quite a bunch of impressive stories. Well done crew. Well done indeed!

Back