(Found) Fuzzy book

Danny McG

"Kree kruh vergo gebba kalto kree!"
For many years I've saw reference to Little Fuzzy and always thought I'd read it, it turns out I had it confused with another book.
This is what I recall of this other book I want to identify....

A person joins a starship crew and gets looked down upon by the others.
"Huh! It's a Garvian and his fuzzy" (please note I'm unsure about Garvian)
This fuzzy is a little furry blob (why am I thinking of a Tribble?) that sort of purrs away on his shoulder and he feeds it little nibbles.

I think there is some kind of telepathic bond between them. Garvians (sic) are a branch of humanity from their long colonised world and (I think) all Garvians have a fuzzy. Symbiotic relationship?

Anyways, there are some adventures I can't recall and a solution (maybe) to this story.

Thinking hard here it might have been a fix-up book of short stories about these people and their fuzzies...no idea of book cover after so long ago - mid 1970's maybe

Sigh! When I saw "Little Fuzzy" .... I thought .... "Yes! I know one!" but Sigh! I do not know the book about which you speak. The other Little Fuzzy was a pretty decent book and series.

Hi,

There were a whole bunch of those Fuzzy books. The first two by Piper were Little Fuzzy and Fuzzy Sapiens, After Piper's death there was Fuzzy Bones and A Fuzzy Odyssey.. Then there was Fuzzies and Other People. There are I believe more.

Cheers, Greg.

Hi,

There were a whole bunch of those Fuzzy books. The first two by Piper were Little Fuzzy and Fuzzy Sapiens, After Piper's death there was Fuzzy Bones and A Fuzzy Odyssey.. Then there was Fuzzies and Other People. There are I believe more.

Cheers, Greg.
Greg, I found all them online yesterday, (and downloaded) Cheers.
However it's the 'mystery book' about the other unrelated fuzzy alien things I'm hunting for now

Reminded me of this (Mike Harding I think)

Fuzzy Wuzzy wuz a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wuzn't fuzzy
Wuz he?

The little fuzzy I recall had the fuzzies, the only sentient life form on a newly discovered planet, at risk from exploitation. Two young scientists come to their aid.

Yeah, I don't recall the book having 'fuzzy' in the title, they were just a part of the story about the protagonist

Hi,

Well if its not one of the fuzzy books, is it still a fuzzy telepathic creature riding on someone's shoulder? Or could it be a minidragon? Because the Flinx books by Alan Dean Foster have one called Pip.

Cheers, Greg.

@dannymcg it's Star Surgeon by Alan E. Nourse (not James White) and you're right about Garvian.

I found it on "Google books" but it's also on Gutenberg: Star Surgeon by Alan Edward Nourse

"Yes, I heard all about how lucky we are," Jack Alvarez said sourly. He looked Dal over from the gray fur on the top of his head to the spindly
legs in the ill-fitting trousers. Then the Blue Doctor shrugged in disgust and turned back to the tape-reader. "A Garvian and his Fuzzy!"
he muttered. "Let's hope one or the other knows something about surgery."

Cheers Matteo...
That's the one, I knew I'd read about a Fuzzy sometime in my life.
Ta again
Danny

* Waves an acknowledgment at all the others who tried to help*