Cool Comic Covers

dask

dark and stormy knight
Is there a thread for this already? Thought there was but couldn't find it so I'll start one with:
3439485-03c.jpg

if you ever wondered what the difference was between DC and Marvel during the sixties this shows it better any written explanation.

Last edited:
Re. your closing comment - I know what you mean.

However, unfortunately, I think you've been fooled by the cover. It's a variant edition of issue 3 of a recent mini-series telling a story set forty years ago - but as far as I can tell, not a reprint).

Great idea for a thread though. Here are a couple of classics by Ditko and Kirby:

@dask Good afternoon.

Yes, there is a thread featuring comic covers. I started it a while ago. It's in the "Art" section, the thread is titled "Comic Book Covers". However, I don't see anything wrong with starting a new thread (which means I can re-post my favorites again). :)

Here's the first Sgt. Rock my brother bought and which pretty much ignited our DC War Comics craze when we were kids. We had it for less than a day before our Mom took it away from us and tossed it in the trash. Found a nice replacement copy back in the mid 1980s and will never part with it. Still one of my all time favorite comics, cover and story.
Cover for Our Army at War (DC, 1952 series) #104

Here's the first Sgt. Rock my brother bought and which pretty much ignited our DC War Comics craze when we were kids. We had it for less than a day before our Mom took it away from us and tossed it in the trash. Found a nice replacement copy back in the mid 1980s and will never part with it. Still one of my all time favorite comics, cover and story.
Cover for Our Army at War (DC, 1952 series) #104
45284c_med.jpeg

Here's a better view.

Is there a thread for this already? Thought there was but couldn't find it so I'll start one with:
View attachment 52898
if you ever wondered what the difference was between DC and Marvel during the sixties this shows it better any written explanation.
On the whole, actually, I prefer '60s DC to Marvel, no matter how much I love Kirby and Ditko. The Mort Weisinger-era Superman titles are just perfect pieces of pop art:

Back