How low can we go?

Yeah. Incidentally, that's about as low in the ocean as anyone can go on Earth. Simply because they got to the bottom, in what is probably the deepest part of the deepest ocean trench.

However, it isn't the deepest anyone can ever go in an ocean. The ocean on Europa is thought to be around 150km deep. Getting to the surface of Europa might be rather difficult for humans though, as it's a hell of radiation. Wikipedia says 5.4Sv, or 540 rem, per day; staying there for 3 days would kill you immediately, and one day would give you about 50% chance of dying of radiation sickness within a month.

Personally, I find it rather deperessing that one of the first finds in one of the least explored areas happens to be a plastic bag:cry:
I wanted to like that @Foxbat but how can I? To be fair he did find other stuff as well but depressing that he found plastic bag. Also in the radio report I heard it was a plastic bag AND sweet wrappers!

Sweet wrappers?
At the deepest part of the ocean?
It's gotta be these ..
510tn2pfbaL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I wanted to like that @Foxbat but how can I? To be fair he did find other stuff as well but depressing that he found plastic bag. Also in the radio report I heard it was a plastic bag AND sweet wrappers!
Understand entirely your dilemma. I just thought how sad that our pollution got there before we did.:(

Back