Game of Thrones: 8.05 - The Bells

During the last of the episode , Arya seemed to have walls and big debris fall on her about 6 times, cut away, back to Arya unscathed.
So wonder , Jamie and Cersei , I could just envision, opening scene, them surviving!
They kind of faked me out with Arya.

I like Westworld but it does not pull-me-in , there seems to be too much tap dancing
Westworld would not be enough to keep me around. It was fascinating, but I decided that I was either too dumb or too lazy (maybe both) to make sense of the series.

Westworld would not be enough to keep me around. It was fascinating, but I decided that I was either too dumb or too lazy (maybe both) to make sense of the series.
It is handsomely mounted , even the first season I got tired of the 'Ground Hog Day' visits to the 'West', I thought the story back at Delos was interesting, but season 1 felt self contained , maybe by design, then renewal , have to extend.

That is the problem when you make highly complex series. You have to make it plausible, unless you devote entire seasons, or long arcs to explain things. The whole current season seems as if it was storyborded in the writers room and they thought what is that they need to finish the story.

I get that there are actor contracts and the faces doesn't remain the same throughout the time, so they needed to wrap up things. In a way it is a compliment to HBO's Game of Thrones, but it isn't the full version or bow to the extend of GRRM's vision. Remember that LOTR had many, many iterations and even after Jackson's movies, people weren't entirely happy.

Maybe one day they'll make another GoT, and make it fuller. At the moment, we don't need it. But in the regards of the WestWorld, if HBO reads our stuff, they'll know that there could be improvements. Nolan and Joy could reel it back and make it more accessible for the general audience, while still remaining within the SF genre limits.

I don't know if they will. After all this is Nolan's own product after the Dark Knight saga and finishing the Person of Interest.

I don't know if they will. After all this is Nolan's own product after the Dark Knight saga and finishing the Person of Interest.
Johnathan Nolan, not his brother Christopher. Interesting thing Johnathan and his wife were also slated to do Asimov's Foundation for HBO, seems the success of Westworld killed that because HBO let the option on Foundation go... maybe just as well. Apple picked up Foundation and greenlighted it, we will have to see because they are going to have action-o-fy a mystery story.

some are speculating arya actually died. As for my own take, the writers don't do stuff like that. Everything is always made obvious whenever they had to do the writing.

some are speculating arya actually died. As for my own take, the writers don't do stuff like that. Everything is always made obvious whenever they had to do the writing.

Well, she's in the preview for episode 6 so I don't think she is dead. Unless she's Arya wearing Arya's face? :eek:

Also, Euron Greyjoy is clearly based on Bennett from Commando. You heard it here first.

Arya is in the trailer for episode 6 and it does not look like the return of a ghost. She looks alive.

The Queen of family love is dead. Long live the Mad Dragon Queen. (Well, probably not).

I am not sure what people expected, how else do use a dragon to take a kingdom? Aegon the Conqueror knew what was up. Just think if she would have put Kings Landing to fire from the get go when she wanted to, how many lives over all would have been saved.

Who will sit on the Iron Throne...?

The child from Arya's liaison with Gendry, with Arya as the Hand/Regent....

If you look at it thematically, the logical choice for the throne is Sansa. Doesn't mean they'll do that of course.

But it was more than just foreshadowing. She has form for being ruthless and she has always felt entitlement to the throne. That more than makes me believe that, when thwarted or in fear of losing everything she has lived, struggled and fought for, she could succumb to the worst excesses that we have already seen she has. Coupled with the make up department making her very like the Mad King in colour and whatnot, we then have evidence that there might be more underneath her behaviour.

I'm quite sure this is the direction GRRM plans to take her - he has given direction to the show in terms of where it was going. The difference is he has two very long books to carry that out in. Without that time and leisure it feels too quick - but I do believe the bones were there to support this.

But it was more than just foreshadowing. She has form for being ruthless and she has always felt entitlement to the throne. That more than makes me believe that, when thwarted or in fear of losing everything she has lived, struggled and fought for, she could succumb to the worst excesses that we have already seen she has. Coupled with the make up department making her very like the Mad King in colour and whatnot, we then have evidence that there might be more underneath her behaviour.

I'm quite sure this is the direction GRRM plans to take her - he has given direction to the show in terms of where it was going. The difference is he has two very long books to carry that out in. Without that time and leisure it feels too quick - but I do believe the bones were there to support this.
As I mentioned before the Madness is different , her father went Bug F**king Nuts, so far she has gone berserkergang … Aerys was hardly functional...
They say was it's a coin toss , but if the coin is coming up 'mad' all the time it becomes a cliché.
Maybe it came up on the edge this time.