Game of Thrones: 8.05 - The Bells

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
Brian, do you work for HBO? :D
Good to see there are people who really enjoyed it.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Brian, do you work for HBO? :D
Good to see there are people who really enjoyed it.
I think it helps to watch anything with very low expectations. I'd heard a lot of complaints so was expecting much worse.

I suspect most people had too high expectations and were disappointed when these weren't met. But GRRM has never written to expectations, as we learned with Ned Stark. :)

L.L.Lotte

The Anime King
Cersei and Jaime was a little disappointing after all the prophecies of the Valonqar, but c'est la vie.

Btw, before I watched this I heard a lot of news reporting about people being unhappy with how Game of Thrones went this season, but so far I've thought it was really good - this episode was quite fantastic for its effect - so I'm not sure what the complaints about. Then again, I can start reading this thread now so perhaps I'll get to see. :D
And that is why we all said in the other thread to watch it regardless of those complaints and make your own mind up about it. ;) The problems people are having are completely subjective.

Cersei and Jaime was a little disappointing after all the prophecies of the Valonqar, but c'est la vie.
That's why I said in the other thread that I hoped you weren't too disappointed when you started talking about the Valonqar ;) because it's like the show completely forgot all about prophecies and what not. I'm 100% positive Cersei will go out differently in the books.

Al Jackson

That's why I said in the other thread that I hoped you weren't too disappointed when you started talking about the Valonqar ;) because it's like the show completely forgot all about prophecies and what not. I'm 100% positive Cersei will go out differently in the books.
They did fill out Dany's Season 2 'vision' , she even seemed to grab the same sword hilt in 8.6 which in 2.10 she does not touch.