Blood Under Water - I have a cover!

Toby Frost

Supporter
Here is the rather super cover for the sequel to Up To The Throne. I'm planning on releasing it at the start of July (assuming nothing goes terribly wrong with the formatting again!). It's looking very nice, in a menacing kind of way...

Very nice. I like the consistency when each book in a series has covers that match in style, and glad that's becoming more common these days. It makes them look good on the bookshelf.

Thanks guys - needless to say, the art isn't by me (if it was, you'd be looking at stick people). It's the same artist, and she's done another really good job. It's funny that you say that, L.L. Lotte, because both I and Claire who did the cover were keen to have some consistency. I can't draw to save my life, but I do find design really interesting.

Beautiful cover! I love book cover art :love:. Can't wait to finish my second book so I can finally start painting its cover. I know how I want to do it, but if I start now I'm liable to get too sucked into it and forget to actually finish writing the thing :ROFLMAO:.

Hi,

I like it - especially the script. But I think I'd add a pop of colour. Maybe make the sky a tad darker and more blue than green, or just ramp up the green in the tower. It needs something to grab the eye.

Cheers, Greg.

The nice people at Fantasy Book Critic let me write an article about the covers of Blood Under Water and Up To The Throne. As ever, much credit goes to the artist, Claire Peacey, for her top work in both coming up with visuals and translating my strange ramblings into coherent pictures!

We're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but a good cover goes a long way.
Always struck me as being an odd saying - most of the new authors that I've found and enjoyed were first brought to my notice by the cover art. Nice one, Toby - hope it attracts loads of buyers.

Looks good :)

I'm not swayed by covers myself but they do matter to a lot of people. Which is a bit of a shame given it's something the writer doesn't actually do, unlike the hundreds of hours of work on the text...

I think a great cover will increase the chance I read a book more than a bad cover will keep me from reading.